What are you working on?

Aleron

The young dogs...

Whim, just continuing to fine tune agility. And trying to get her ready for a CD :)

Savvy and Roust: Impulse Control work is ongoing work with them and even more so when they are together. I really did not want too adolescent male dogs :/ The current big thing I'm working on is kitchen manners. Their behavior when food is being prepared in the kitchen, especially when the fridge is being opened and closed or dog dinners are being portioned out has gotten a bit ridiculous...especially when they are together. They try to shove their heads in the plastic container I keep on the bottom shelf with their thawed meats, trying to grab meat out of my hand when I'm portioning it out, feet up on the counter, trying to steal food. So I have taken a divide and conquer approach. They are no longer loose together if any food prep is going on in the kitchen. They are being trained to sit away from the fridge, ideally to move to the rug by the sink whenever I put my hand on the fridge door and sit there until released, no matter what I'm doing with food or if other dogs are getting fed. Do far, so good but it's going to take time and effort to proof it both alone and together. It is going to be so worth it though to not deal with the frustration of their poor manners during dinner time!

I have also been working on multi-dog outside play manners with the young dogs. Everyone gets their own toy and they are to keep that toy unless I offer them something else. They have pretty much got this recently, had to start working on this because...well they get a little too wound up and possessive of toys sometimes.

Savvy: Continuing our agility stuff and working on getting him ready for Rally Novice. Tricks too of course :)

Roust: Agility foundations

The older dogs, I work on whatever is fun with them or teach them new tricks. Trying to get Jagger back into agility mode for our National in May. And I toy with trying more obedience with Ziggy on and off.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Kimma - Agility stuff. Forever LOL. Sits/downs/stands from a distance, proofing moving stands, getting tighter heel work, focus, faster recalls, random tricks... Basically everything :p

Pentti - Longer waits/stays, focus with lots of distractions, NOT YELLING AT SQUIRRELS ON WALKS (it really sounds like I'm killing him), trying to find somewhere to volunteer for TDI...

Bubbles - Getting her better! Before that, LLW and getting her focus up in high distraction areas/proofing free stacks.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
I'm on March break right now, so I've decided that this week is going to be focused on Cali's training. Today, we're going to work on maintaining her attention on me and working on her stays... after I've finished watching some kikopup videos, after hearing about them so much.

Heeling past distractions (specifically fig 8 w/distractions). This week at class highlighted that weakness rather hilariously.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Heeling past distractions (specifically fig 8 w/distractions). This week at class highlighted that weakness rather hilariously.
Butts smell gooood.

We're always working on this. Neither of our dogs enjoy being that close to strangers unless they initiate it. Suspicious eyes.

We are still working on tracking and weavers but we are also proofing our down stays. I never realized we'd decided as a team that down means down until mom teases you. We need an efficient down stay for dock dogs so in true fashion we started this late last week and we will hope it's perfected by late this week when we have a dock jumping event. lol

Squash doesn't even like toys THAT much, yet he was so enamored of a toy in the figure 8 that he did things like... halted and sat backwards in "heel" position way across the room so he could gaze longingly at it. And on the last sign on the rally course took off for the dang figure 8 right in the middle of a finish.

But of course once any particular object isn't "new" anymore he doesn't care very much. So I constantly have to rotate and I can't just keep buying new toys, so right now I see everything in this house through a filter of its use to me in dog training. :p

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
We are working on the weekly tricks :p

Megan is working on rear foot targeting, pivot work, and heel work with Siri.
I'm working on recalls and ALL THE SOCIALIZATION with Siri.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I should probably be working on Judge's down. Oh well.
lol I have no real faith ours will hold on the dock anyways but I was pretty shocked at the inability to withstand teasing. He'll downstay with a stranger and a dog walking almost on him but bait him with a toy and ZOMG UP & GO!!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Deke has decided he'd like to be a freight train when he grows up.

No, Deke. No. Needless to say, we're now working on loose lead walking.

adojrts

Lots and lots of off leash recalls both at home and away, the only time she is on leash is in non safe places. Chase to tug, 2o2o, back up, frog, sit up, perch work, pivots ( she'll do complete pivots in one direction, have just started work in the other direction), socializing, hind feet targetting, front feet targeting and some Trkman cik/cap. She has lovely downs, but we are weak on our sits :) And IYC is an on going thing and not an issue. She'll work and ignore food and/or rewards in a pile or in a bowl beside her.
We really haven't worked on leash heeling at this point, but then she has only been on leash a dozen times lol. Having said that, she also doesn't pull and acts like she has had a ton of leash work lmao.

Last edited:
This week, Marsh is learning to sit.

Aren't we all great trainers? "My 4yo dog is learning to sit." "My dog is learning to lie down." :rofl1:

I mean, Marsh CAN sit, but it needs to be much stronger for field work. The end goal is to be able to stop him on a dime 75 yards away on the way to a bird. Sooo... yeah.

FG167

Eden - has decided she would like to be owned by the kittens. We're working on not driving mom batty by begging at the cat room door. I also just registered her with NADAC and USDAA so hopefully new agility titles this summer! :)

Kastle - we are working on IPO, fading the lure for heeling, long down (which is only about 1 min right now....), and pivots. Coming along nicely. He's also getting started in agility. Oh, and we JUST started hold and bark now that I have a helper I trust not to F him up.

Limit - socialization. We're going through a wicked strong fear period right now so not doing any out and about training beyond being able to function. At home we're working on duration for sits and downs, and agility foundation stuff. Oh and stacking by hand.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I just got my 30 days to phenomenal stopped contacts book, I'm going to put it through the Payton test at some point. I was so tired last night I couldn't even read it (WORDS THESE ARE WORDS WHAT DO THEY MEAN) but I'll get through it at some point, and hopefully next week can start doing stuff.

I need a plank. >=| I have my teeter plank but that's for my (not yet built) teeter... I guess I could put off building my teeter and just use that? Or maybe convince my dad to go out with the truck and get me a second plank...

CaliTerp07

Wiggling her ears on command (isn't that useful?)
Balancing on my giant exercise ball
Jumping through my arms when I make them into a circle

We are basically preparing to run away to the circus together.

SpringerLover

I brought out something to teach Buzz to go around but I... haven't done it yet!

Frodo is still working on chin target with dumbell in mouth.

Siri was (re?)introduced to a front foot target last night. IT IS SO HARD TO WORK WITH A TINY DOG! I have to be so aware of how I AM STANDING when I'm clicking so I don't teach her that I'm going to be bending over all the time. Sheesh! She needs to grow some legs... ;)

Since distractions in novel environments are our nemesis right now, I've been trying to take Squash out to some pet-friendly businesses. Just practicing attention, leave it, and short stretches of heeling.

Today we were at PetCo and as a reward for walking nicely I let him watch the glass cage full of budgies for a few minutes. He just stood there motionless with his nose smooshed against the glass, staring. I'm sure if I'd been across the cage from him I would have seen little buck teeth lol. And the budgies didn't seem to give any effs, they just stared right back at him.

Lyzelle

Cat vs. Zander.
Zander vs. Cat.

It's been interesting. They both couldn't care less about each other, really, but they are BOTH such HUGE ASSHOLES. They *can* get along just fine, and even play just fine, but it seems like they love annoying the crap out of each other more. Zander teases the cat with food. The cat randomly charges Zander. Or jumps on his head. Then Zander randomly charges the cat. Then they play nicely.

Just. Assholes. For no reason.

Members online