Dog life updates.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
So... Some changes have happened in the past few months in regards to future breed choices for us.

Firstly, instead of a 'houla or Vizsla, we have decided that a Wirehair Pointing Griffon best fits what Josh is really looking for in a dog. Their breed "family" so to speak is fantastic. There are some fantastic dogs that are bred around our area, and for being a fairly rare breed, that is awesome because we actually get to meet the dogs and watch them work and such. My brother in law's good friend has a dog out of his uncle's lines (which is who we will be going through) and Josh has met his dog and loves her. They tend to be more laid back, a much better off switch, but lots of drive in the field. Plus, their breed is a little more exclusive, thus less of the BYB, which is nice. We still have yet to call the breeder and make sure that everything lines up with health testing and such, but from what I've read about his kennels, he is great and really well known for his Griffs. So, assuming everything goes according to plan, you guys will be seeing a Griff here very soon.

Secondly, I've been going through an internal battle on whether or not a Koolie or an ACD would best fit my needs.. And, I'm back to the ACD. I love Koolies, and I really hope to own one eventually, but they are a big leap of faith that I'm not ready to take. Plus they are loud. I'm not a fan of really loud. My ACD breeder has a litter in the works for two years down the road to a bitch I love and a sire that would be tremendous. He, however, has to pass all of his health tests and such, so it is a breeding that could potentially not work out. I'm in love with the dogs she produces and am very excited.

Thirdly, I may be taking in a little Mastiff/Rottie mix for a bit for training for a few weeks. Nothing is for sure yet, but it is looking pretty positive. He is about 5 months old and they are having trouble breaking him of some bad habits. He is quite stubborn, and they have a 3 year old son, so they want to be sure that he is going to be safe for him. Pictures will definitely be abundant and he will be temporary.

So. I think that is about it. Harlow and Rider are good. Rider improves every single day we have him and he is starting to mesh a lot better with our family. Harlow is just a joy, even though she can be a snot. I don't think I will ever live without a Boxer. Oh, and Pittiesmiles melt my heart.

So, updates on your doggie life? Laurelin- hows the Nextdog project coming?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Sounds like some very exciting times coming your way!

I'm trying to convince my mom I need a puppy Christmas. It's not working well. Probably for the best :p

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Yeah, it will be interesting if our pups end up being so close together... I always said that a puppy had to turn 2 before we added another dog.

Puppy fever has been terrible on here! I think you need one. ;)

JessLough

Love My Mutt
ahahaha yah, Rosey is 16 and I'm afraid that getting a puppy may literally kill her :( Also, adding dog #2 would probably mean no more ferrets/ferret fosters for the life of the puppy, which is unacceptable. *sigh* I don't REALLY want one anyway, I just like the idea of a puppy, I think xD

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It's going well. I'm kind of at a wait and see for the time being. Focusing the next 2ish years on the pap girls and seeing if the 2014 plans pan out. I really hope they do but there's a lot of 'ifs' right now.

Wow! That was quite the update. lol
Too bad Boone won't have a new 'houla cousin on Chaz, but they certainly aren't for everyone! Whatever y'all end up with, I can't wait to see pictures! I'm glad everything is going well. Good luck with the temp if you get him!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
ahahaha yah, Rosey is 16 and I'm afraid that getting a puppy may literally kill her :( Also, adding dog #2 would probably mean no more ferrets/ferret fosters for the life of the puppy, which is unacceptable. *sigh* I don't REALLY want one anyway, I just like the idea of a puppy, I think xD
Foster a puppy? Well, that wouldn't help with Rosey, but it would solve your ferret fostering issue and let you coo over having a puppy.

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
I am getting closer to being ready for another dog, but still not for awhile. Draco is just 9 months old, and is doing so so well! He is starting to get into a destructive stage outside. On one hand I want another dog, but I dont on another. I dont have time for another as I barely have time for him sometimes. I want to do more and get titles on him before adding another dog. I am seriously seriously looking at getting a vizsla next. I have always loved them, and I know some awesome ones! Another st. poodle is always on the list. Next dog may get to be bf's dog though, and he will pick the breed then. We shall see! Oh, and I have wanted a border terrier for a long long time too!

Members online