My awesome father (bonus for Legend of Korra fans!)

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Here's a little tribute to my dad, in honor of Father's Day. My dad is a bit of an anime and comic book geek. I guess that's where my sis and I get it from. My sister's favorite hobby is making costumes. Can you see where this is going?

Dad, my sis, and her daughter all went to A-Kon in Dallas. My sister really wanted them all to cosplay (dress up in costume, for those who don't speak geek) as characters from Avatar: The Legend of Korra. And of course, my Dad said yes.

I think this pic on my sister's blog says it all. You can see the smile on my niece's face.

http://mamasam.tumblr.com/post/24406809604/from-dmgices-flickr-album-my-dad-and-daughter

They took the convention by storm, especially my dad as Tenzin and my niece as Ikki. He was literally mobbed by people wanting pictures. Their group won the People's Choice award. I think it's awesome that my Dad is 60 years old, yet is still perfectly willing to go out in public in full costume just to have some fun with his children and grandchildren. We're a very lucky family.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Those are awesome costumes, your sister is great at that!

I also love LoK, and Tenzin's family. Yesterday's episode was adorable watching them save Lin

Locke

Your dad is WAY awesome and judging by your niece's face, she'll remember that moment for the rest of her life.
You are blessed with a wicked family!

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Yeah, I am very lucky. My dad admitted that he felt like a rock star, LOL. He and my sis are already making plans for next year. Hopefully, I'll be able to attend too.

Members online

No members online now.