Sadie's weight

JPuckett1989

Slowly but surely......
I'm a little concerned Sadie might be a little under weight after seeing a picture I took of her the other day. She went to the vet last week for a bad bug bite,and they weighed her,but didn't make a comment on if shes a healthy weight,or how much she weighed period. She's around 19 inches at the withers,and about 50 pounds, I have a hard time weighing her at home with an electric scale, but a couple months ago she was 47 and I know shes put on some weight and grown since then.
Here's the picture.

Im probably over reacting,but I never noticed being able to see her ribs before.

cricketsmygirl

Angels in waiting....
That is not underweight, see how muscular she is? If she was underweight she would lose muscle tone. She looks like a very well conditioned dog to me.

Paige

Let it be

Here you can see Spank and Bandit when they were at their top condition. Thin dogs? Yes. underweight? Spank always bordering the line of getting too thin but that's how he always was. Up his feed all you want. He wasn't putting on a pound. They were very lean and muscular. If you feel she's too thin maybe up her calorie intake, but by no means does she look too thin to me.

Staff online

Members online