Egad I did it!!!!!!!

stellasmama

Proud Schnoodle Mama
I groomed Stella.....holy smokes!!!!! In an effort to save $45-$50 every 6 weeks....I cut Stella's hair myself....found this link helpful (the dog even looks like Stella!)

How to Shave Your Dog: How to Groom a Dog | eHow.com

I promised her a trip to the dog park...so we're off....I'll post photos later!

I'm so proud of myself!!!! And so proud of Stella!!!!!!!

stellasmama

Proud Schnoodle Mama
Alrighty.....I got some photos on her blog

Another First for Stella the Schnoodle!!!!! Stella!!!

I need to do a little follow up tomorrow with Papa's help to trim around her face and even up her legs and feet.

It was a little easier than I thought, but not EASY by any means!! Stella was very cooperative!!!!!

I think as lots of folks suggested...it will just take practice!!!

bubbatd

Good for you !!! Ollie's only been washed , groomed and nail clipped twice . Worth the $45. I do nails in between but he came with nails so long , I'm afraid to quick !

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
I think you did really good.

If there are areas you want to improve on, I am sure you will with a little practice but WOW, you should be proud of the job you did.

stellasmama

Proud Schnoodle Mama
Thank you!!!! I expected it to go alot worse! I don't think I took off enough hair....in fear of making her look bald! I think it helped that the clippers were alot quieter than I expected....and I felt comfortable using them?

She was such a good, patient girl!!!!!

Yep! looks good to me! For sure better than I could do, no doubt! I wouldn't even dare try!

stellasmama

Proud Schnoodle Mama
It's a good thing I got the clippers.....Saturday....Stella got into the prickly sticker bush thing at the dog park. Stickers all over her face (luckily not in her eyes!!!)

The Schnoodle got Stuck….. Stella!!!

Today....we go back to the park....she runs thru it again! ARRRGGGHHHHHHH! :yikes:

So I spent an hour after we got home clipping, shaving her.....she was extremely patient....and she is running out of hair. If this keeps up she'll be bald.

I'll post photos of today's cut on tomorrow's blog. Oh Stella.

Members online

No members online now.