Cat people, what do you feed?

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Doberkim, do you by any chance have a link to raw feeding diets for cats?
I tried chaos on the raw medallions by natures variety (because I got coupons for either a bag of free dry food, free canned food, or a free bag of the raw medallions) and he FREAKED! He would not touch the stuff.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Well $nack is still a baby I bet she would adapt. The other two...um...I don't know.
so is chaos he's about 4 months old. He usually will try anything and I have tried giving him chicken necks/back, ground meats. He won't eat anything like that. I think he's just crazy!

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Don't you pick on that cute little guy. Or he will remember. hahahaha.
He's already out to get me. He tries to suffocate me in my sleep:yikes: ! He had a bad allergy to flea bites and scratched his whole neck open and sore and I had to give him meds and put stuff on his wounds and he is not too happy with me. Luckily they are healing now so I don't have to do it anymore but for a time he would run and hide everytime he saw me go towards him.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Sleeps on your face huh? LOLOL. Flea allergy is nasty on cats. Did they give him some prednisone and get him all wired up?

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Sleeps on your face huh? LOLOL. Flea allergy is nasty on cats. Did they give him some prednisone and get him all wired up?
yeah that's the stuff! I was trying to remember the name of it. He usually does not sleep on my face but on my chest and in the middle of the night he will get up and pounce and cover my face!

Yeah we weren't sure what was wrong with him but we noticed a little scratch on his neck, thought maybe he was roughhousing with the dogs so I just kept it cleaned and then suddenly the whole side of his neck was a huge open wound (he did a lot of scratching in the night). It still looks nasty but hopefully the fur will start growing back soon. He hasn't itched in almost 2 days though.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
That stuff will fix him up. Well at least you know he's allergic so you can take precautionary steps next flea season.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
He's never going outside ever again! We have treated the whole inside of the house. We think he brought them in when we took him in as a baby. I think the frontline plus did not work on him or fleas came off him into the house without biting him.

Boemy

so is chaos he's about 4 months old. He usually will try anything and I have tried giving him chicken necks/back, ground meats. He won't eat anything like that. I think he's just crazy!
Sounds like my mom's cat, who thinks you're plotting to poison her if you give her any kind of real meat. She'll eat the teensiest, tiniest piece of chicken if you set it right in front of her, but other than that, forget it! She shakes her foot in disgust!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Thanks Toscasmom for your advice. I'll definitely look into it. When I was a kid we had 8 cats. All of them were outdoor cats so to be honest this kitten is my first REAL cat experience. I'm keeping him as an indoor cat because I've read that they generally live a lot longer so to speak. I rescued him when someone dumped two kitties in a dumpster by my work. They were tied up in a bag... some people deserve to be shot twice in my opinion. Should I look online and get samples of your suggestions and see what he takes to?

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
oh and also thanks for what you wrote about my dog. She is definitely missed. I've had many dogs, but Cheyanne was the one I really grew the closest to.

Members online

No members online now.