Do you rinse dishes before putting them in the dishwasher?

Do you rinse off dishes before putting them in the dishwasher

• I completely wash dishes (scrubbed with soap!) before putting them in

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I rinse dishes before putting them in

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • My dog licks the dishes before I put them in

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Sometimes I rinse them, but not always

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I put dishes covered with food in the dishwasher

• I put whole meals of food into the dishwasher for fun (dishwasher says OM NOM!)

• My hands are the dishwasher (I don't have one or don't choose to use one)

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Why wash dishes when you can use paper and plastic utensils/plates/bowls?

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I don't wash dishes- I just layer the new food on top of the crusty old food

• Lasagna (cooked in the dishwasher!)

• Total voters

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I always make sure to rinse dishes and remove any sort of "gunk" before putting them in my dishwasher. Even if my dishwasher could handle eating a cake, I just couldn't imagine doing that!

So... do you rinse them? Put them in covered with food? Let the dog clean them first? Poll to follow!

thehoundgirl

We rinse them first! If we didn't there would be a whole lot of gunk stuck to them. We hardly ever let the dogs lick them, lol.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Don't rinse but often they're in the sink anyway and get wet? My dishwasher has a bone crusher specifically for occasions that a little food gets in it too lol

Lyzelle

I wash off major food. But otherwise....it's a dishwasher. Why would I wash dishes, then put them in the dishwasher to be washed again?

Toller_08

I always, always rinse. It's a big peeve of mine when people load up the dishwasher with unrinsed dishes. And also when they don't rinse before putting them into the sink if they don't have a dishwasher. So gross.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
What's a "dishwasher?"

I rinse before I wash them in the sink. Otherwise your sink water gets REALLY nasty REALLY fast. I prefer to only have to fill up the sink once, so stuff needs to be rinsed off first.

Paige

Let it be
Bandit and Brobee lick plates clean always before they make it to the sink. I don't have a dishwasher so I hand wash, but the odd tiem thy dont I do rinse. When I had a dish washer I rinsed before.

CaliTerp07

Yes, always. If it's something Lucy can have, I'll let her lick the plates (pasta sauce or cheese or something), but if it's not then I will rinse (and scrub, but not with soap) the dishes. My dishwasher isn't the greatest and stuff comes out with crusty dried food if I don't.

Doberluv

Yeah, rinse with a little scrubber in one hand. No matter what they say, every dishwasher I ever had didn't get everything off and I'd wind up with something stuck on like cement. So, they get the once over by hand and the dishwasher gets them sanitized.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
My apartment doesn't have a dishwasher, so I wash all of mine by hand. I rinse out dirty dishes (complete with non-soapy sponge) as soon as I'm done using them - that way I don't have to worry about them getting nasty if they sit on my counter for a few days. lol And it keeps the water clean when I do wash them.

I fully intend to have a dishwasher when I have a house, though. And for that, food would be scraped off into the trash, but otherwise it goes straight to the dishwasher. That is what I did growing up and our dishwasher did a great job (and with a family of seven where all meals were homecooked, it saw a lot of action!)
ETA: our dishwasher was a power house (not cheap), and mom would soak really groady dishes in the sink to help loosen stuff up before placing it in.

SoCrafty

If I don't rinse my dishes first, I tend to find caked on food when it comes out of the dishwasher. I have found I don't have to clean them as well if I use the Finish dishwashing tabs/pack versus a powder like Cascade or something.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Our dishwasher either sucks, or the dishwashing liquid we use sucks, because if you don't rinse them, they don't get clean. :p

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
The dogs almost always get to lick the plates. They are so conditioned that they sleep while we eat until they see the last bite come off the plate amd then they are up and ready for action lol

If I don't rinse my dishes first, I tend to find caked on food when it comes out of the dishwasher.
Our dishwasher either sucks, or the dishwashing liquid we use sucks, because if you don't rinse them, they don't get clean. :p
Same here. Ours is pretty old, and it's not a priority to replace it. So we just rinse the dishes.

Although even if I had a super powered dish blaster, I would probably do it out of habit.

I'm picky about dishes I bought/picked out and Katalin's dishes - those are always scrubbed, rinsed and scoured over before they go into the dishwasher. Others - I leave to my parents/bro lol

Saeleofu

I never did when I had a dishwasher. Now I don't have one, so I wash by hand.

Although it's really awful, many times I would get lazy and just use disposable stuff so I wouldn't have to wash it. Like...90% of the time :p

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Yep. Otherwise there are certain foods that just get baked on in the dishwasher.
And it's icky to me to load a dishwasher with dishes that are covered in food. :p

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
No dishwasher sadly :(
but my rule is NO dirty dishes in the sink. So I rinse them off right after eating (so food doesn't stick and get gross) and wash and dry asap.

Members online

No members online now.