Don't you love high energy dogs?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
:rolleyes:

Someone help.

My dog has been given crack or something today.

We did no jumping, we just walked for oh about... and HOUR. We walked earlier today than normal, though.

You'd think toy breed = easy. Well, not always, lol.

She started carrying around her bully stick in circles (she's mildly ocd) She even brought it outside with her.

Well, we got back in and she was LITERALLY bouncing around the room.

So... we did a good 45 mins of games- hiding food. jumping on command.... Dancing on her back legs. Ran through all her commands about a hundred times.

Finally I broke down and had her run back and forth across the apartment for twenty minutes.

Sit, Stay, walk away... come here summer!

ZOOM!

SPAZZ

JUMP ON BED

JUMP OFF BED

ZOOM!

Okay, I lie. I really do love high energy dogs. They're so much fun!

I'm seriously thinking this one is more energy than Beau, she's just more controlled about it.

Paige

Let it be
Oh how I love them so. At least the boys are usually mellow in the house. They have wrestle mania every day during the wee hours of the morning. Miley is the worst for running around like a maniac in the house. She's so little though that you hardly notice it. She doesn't want you to play with her either. She wants to zoom by herself.

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
omg... her and Armani would be such good friends.

sometimes when I am super busy I give in and take him in the hallway which is soooooo long and let him run back and forth, lol.

He plays with his "friend" in the mirror everyday... you think he would get it by now... :rofl1:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Yeah, the hallway is so easy lol. Ours is long too, so it works.

The thing that gets me is just that she is NEVER tired. I mean, she sleeps a lot, but if you do anything the second she finds out, she's up and active and just ready to go! So much enthusiasm! I just want to ask her if she's ever just wanting to sit around, lol.

Nikki is one of those dogs you have to coax to do anything.

chanda

i love my dog having high energy... but sometimes i think its too much... lol

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
Bwahhaha I figured out where you live!

I knew that Pharmacology class would pay off.

Uh oh....

now she's found herself in the mirror.

lmao
Now that's funny. Loki went through a phase as a puppy where she'd bark at herself in the mirror while kicking one of her hindlegs out like a little bull. It was friggin' adorable. (She still does the leg kick when she's playful/unsure.) I kinda sorta love high-energy dogs if they're the type that can find something to amuse themselves. I'm cool right up to the point where they start bouncing off my chair. Then I blaaargh-ugly noise at them.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
HAHA I love it. When Bamm gets his high energy zoomies he'll grab a ball, fling it in the air.... do a mad high bunny hop to where the ball landed... grab the ball... and proceed to run up and down the hall with the ball in his mouth and him grunting and growling... then repeat.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Yes :D Luckily Bo is generally calm in the house, unless I play with her, and high energy outside the house..... I found out JUST how high energy last weekend, where she played with a ball (being thrown for her, retrieved and thrown again) for 2 days SOLID. And I mean SOLID - the moment I was up (early) to the moment I slept/left.

She slept for 2 days after that though to catch up LOL

Corvus is high energy. Most of the times it's fun, but when it rains here for a couple days straight and we can't burn off the energy, it's not so fun.

When I say high energy, I mean bursting at the seems, raring to go 24/7.
It's not an understatement.

He's a hyperkinetic sort of dog, you can just see him twitch when he wants to run.

Members online

No members online now.