I failed my dog

Irish

Dear Keith,
I read your story carefully and I want to say - you were there with Fred when he died. Maybe not in the physical, but in the spiritual. It sounds to me like he slipped away while he was laying next to you, as you were petting him. Just because his heart kept beating for a while, doesn't mean he was still there. I think his spirit left as you were there with him.

As someone else said earlier, if you would'nt have taken him to the vet, that would have been failing him. You were actually quite heroic in your actions that day.

Please don't feel guilty. So many dogs live tragic lives with no one to love them. Fred had a wonderful life because of YOU.

P.S. Give God a chance.

Mazzy

I am so sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel. I just lost my Diesel on May 2, 2005

IlUvMyAnImAlZ05

Cats&Dogs r what I live 4
Hello,
I am very sorry for your loss. I am here to talk anytime. He loves you no matter what. He is in Heaven which is a much better place than here on earth.
Mandy~

Puppy

Bernese Mountain Dog!
Even though he isn't here in his physical form,his sprit is there watching over you,maybe even right next to right now.he will live forever in your heart.trust me,you will see him again.i don't know if you believe in this type of stuff but i believe that your spirt and his are conected(yours and anyone close to you),either you will see him in this life or the next,or in heaven,but you will see him again,even if he or you are in a different form.sorry if that has no meaning to you,but give it time and the pain will go.i think i read before that you dont believe in God,but try this,even just once.with all your heart and love for Fred,say a pray to God that he is safe and any messages that you have to say to Fred.you have to believe,and he WILL hear you.sorry again if you think this is all just mumbo jumbo.i have some more to say but to be honest its 1 20 in the morining and i have to go to sleep.

Keith,you did not fail him,it was his time.he had done,and taught whatever he was sent to do,and he had finished his job.

he was here for reason like all of us,but that reason is not dead,it has just been completed.Fred has just taken one more step towards God,just like every being will.

i hope that means something to you.

Puppy

Bernese Mountain Dog!
another thing.you were there for a reason.you was there to take him to the vet,not anybody else,YOU.whatever force there is out there whether it be God or Fred's spirit,you was the one chosen.like i said we are all here for a reason,that is not the only reason you and Fred are together.you have helped him as he has helped you throught your lives.i am being quite undetailed as its late but i hope this helps you.

of to sleep.bye,to both of you.

Puppy

Bernese Mountain Dog!
sorry for lots of posts.but what i have said applies to anybody else that has lost a loved one,be it human or animal.

if that above has helped you,you might be thinking about the reason i happened to find your post.......

B

Blue_Dog

It was not stupid to post it.It was good to let out all your feelings.Fred had a graet life and wants you to only be happy.Don't feel that it was your fault, it was his time.

Members online

No members online now.