Crate Training for Your Dog

DogSty

Crate Training
:)
Crate training is a great thing to do when you leave your dog to go to work. Leaving your puppy in a crate is not a bad thing to do. Actually, it's very productive. You can teach your puppy to not jump around and break/rip things. When out, your puppy will become very excited. Once you get back in, you'd better keep it in the crate for about 5 minutes or so. Then you can take it out of the crate.

Things you need in order to teach your dog crate training:

-You must be calm at all times. Don't let your puppy anger you to stop. If it messes up, just try again.
-Make sure to buy a crate that is big enough for your dog to stretch out in. If it is too small, than your dog will have trouble going in and out or just plain laying in there.
-Place the crate near your family and away from heat or coldness. Ex: Air conditioner, heat draft from under the refridgerator.
-When you take your dog out of its crate, go directly outside and go to the part you've chosen to be his "littering spot", if you know what I mean. As always, clean up its mess and return back in the house to give your dog some praising. If you do this more and more, it will learn how to "litter".
-When your puppy whines or whimpers at you durng crate training, don't let it get to you! You are not harming your dog whatsoever! As I've said before, crate training is very productive!
-After some alone time in the crate(5-10 min. or so), let him out to do his business. Don't praise him right after he gets out of teh crate because that will make him want to come out more.
-If you go to work, you'd better follow these steps. Step 1: After leaving your dog out for a long while, crate him/her again. Step 2: Do this day-by-day and extend the tiems he will need to be in the crate. Step 3: Once you get to the period of time you go to work become regular, your beloved dog won't miss you as much.
-When at work, crate your dog so he/she will not ruin the stuff in your house.
-Put soft, washable bedding inside the crate. Do not bring the water and food into the crate unless you want a big mess. If you work for a long time, you might want to put the food and water in the crate, but that's only if you are okay with it.
-Leave your dog/puppy's collar out of the crate. he could get tangled.

hope this helps!:D

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
i am 100% for crate training. my dog Ruckus loves his crate and spends most of his day in it with the door open. its his bed room and his favorite place to be :)

Members online

No members online now.