I've had it with cats

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
The Kitty Boy Brothers aren't going anywhere... yet... but I'm not sure I am going to have cats after they are gone. (Keep in mind, they are only 5... they still have a good 10-15 years left on them, if not more. *trembling in fear*)

Why no more cats? Because if I have cats again, I want them to be the family pets with full personalities like the Kitty Boy Brothers. I just don't think I could connect with the traditional aloof cat after living with these guys.

On the flip side of having cats with these great personalities, I don't think I can handle the apocalyptic destruction anymore. I can't. I just can't.

I love these two. They are friendly, fearless, and intelligent. But those are the same reasons that I can't stand them. They have brilliant ideas, and they execute them. They have cost us hundreds in repairs around the house.

They have shredded entire sets of curtains/shades/blinds.
They have broken I don't know how many glasses and vases.
They have yanked a hanging plant off the ceiling, hook and all.
They have removed the screens from the windows.
They have picked apart almost every towel in the house.
They have destroyed the corners of our furniture.
They have puked on practically every inch of carpeting.
They have dumped glasses staining beverages on the areas they haven't puked on.
They have damaged the kitchen floor by dropping a cast iron pan off the fridge.
They have emptied the trashcan and scattered garbage over the entire house.
They have stolen and hidden countless small objects.
They have burrowed a hole into the cushion of my rocking chair.
They have taken clean laundry and dragged it through the litter box.
They have chewed through wires on several occassions.
They have torn a shower head fixture out of the wall.

Finally, the incident that inspired the writing of this post:
I was in my bedroom working on the snake racks. Cat sits down beside me and starts making the "I'm about to puke" noise. I turn to pick up cat and hurry him into the bathroom so he pukes on linoleum instead of carpet...

Cat runs.
And pukes.
At the same time.

I literally emptied an entire bottle of Nature's Miracle trying to clean up the mess. I am not kidding. An entire bottle. It was disgusting.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall::wall::wall:

I hate cats.

Ugh. I really needed to let that vent. In a few hours they'll probably do something cute and make me love them again, but in the meantime I just want to... want to... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAURGH!!!!! :madgo:

If you read all this, you deserve a prize.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Wait, you ever have good things to say about Ticheli?! :p
He's the cutest at cuddling ever. And he nuzzles.
As skilled as he is at pushing my buttons and making me hate him, he equally knows how to push the opposite buttons and make me forget that I hate him.

He's eeevil like that.

:p

ETA:

He just unplugged my computer.

Shelteez

I feel your pain. I had cats that would shred everything, trimming their nails did not help matters. Seems like every time i trim their nails the more they want to claw.

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
Im so glad Rockefeller doesn't claw things. He has a habit of stretching against the wall though, and sometimes his nails will drag along lightly as he's going down and it is a noise that makes your entire body shiver. I hate that. Otherwise, he's much more like a dog.

I worry I won't ever find another cat with a similar personality. So I've been looking into breeds known for being similar, that like to cuddle and be near you and such. I'd love a hybrid next. Maybe a Bengal, though if I had the money I'd have a Savannah or Safari.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Im so glad Rockefeller doesn't claw things. He has a habit of stretching against the wall though, and sometimes his nails will drag along lightly as he's going down and it is a noise that makes your entire body shiver. I hate that. Otherwise, he's much more like a dog.

I worry I won't ever find another cat with a similar personality. So I've been looking into breeds known for being similar, that like to cuddle and be near you and such. I'd love a hybrid next. Maybe a Bengal, though if I had the money I'd have a Savannah or Safari.
OMG MINE ARE BENGALS.

Or at least part Bengal. We didn't know at the time (shelter cats), or we may have thought twice.

Yes, they are much like dogs. They have amazing personalities. However, while that does make them very unique, that is also what makes them so destructive. It's not that they are malicious. They just get BORED. Or they get an idea in their head and they will do everything to see that idea through.

You can train them, but once they know the rules... the know how to break them. That is our main issue. They still do whatever they want... they just wait to do it when our backs are turned.

Seriously, if destructive tendencies aren't your thing, I would strongly suggest against any sort of hybrid cat like Bengals/Savannahs/Safaris. I have firsthand experience with Bengals. I know folks with Savannahs, and from what I've been told they have an even greater vertical jump than the Bengals. (Keep in mind, mine can reach the top of the fridge from the floor as it is.) If they have claws, they will claw. We have provided them with tons of things of their own to scratch on, and they use them... but they also use our couches. I'm not a fan of declawing AT ALL, but if I were to get another hybrid-type of cat... I honestly probably would do it anyway.

If that is what you want, I'm not trying to say you shouldn't. Just warning you that you should do a lot lot LOT of research before bringing one of these loveable monsters into your house.. (Not saying you wouldn't. Just putting that in for any lurkers out there. ;))

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
I don't mind the destructiveness, no. I've been researching the larger hybrids for years, but we've just never had the cash to support a purchase like that. I'd love to train a cat that actually has some sort of drive to do something. Rock doesn't respond to a **** thing, LOL. His toy drive is VERY selective and he doesn't get excited about food (not that you'd think that by looking at him). He fell asleep once when I was trying to get him associated with a clicker.

I've been looking into Chausies more recently, too.
When we get our next cat, whatever it may be, I assume we'll be out of where we live now. If that's the case, I intend to deck out our home for cats. Ledges and posts everywhere. Ha, it's like people preparing for a toddler to me. :p

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
I don't mind the destructiveness, no. I've been researching the larger hybrids for years, but we've just never had the cash to support a purchase like that. I'd love to train a cat that actually has some sort of drive to do something. Rock doesn't respond to a **** thing, LOL. His toy drive is VERY selective and he doesn't get excited about food (not that you'd think that by looking at him). He fell asleep once when I was trying to get him associated with a clicker.

I've been looking into Chausies more recently, too.
When we get our next cat, whatever it may be, I assume we'll be out of where we live now. If that's the case, I intend to deck out our home for cats. Ledges and posts everywhere. Ha, it's like people preparing for a toddler to me. :p
That's all good! :) I just wanted to make sure you were aware that they are crazy, both good and bad. Lol!

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
LOL! I'm never letting my dad read this, because it's why he won't let us have cats (mostly the clawing of furniture and the puking, but also the peeing/pooping on/in things randomly). I, however, love them. <3

But I do think it'd be nice to rescue a cat from a shelter that's been declawed. I wouldn't declaw a cat myself, but if it were already done and I were to rescue it, I admit it would be nice to have a cat that didn't claw things or people...lol

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
LOL! I'm never letting my dad read this, because it's why he won't let us have cats (mostly the clawing of furniture and the puking, but also the peeing/pooping on/in things randomly). I, however, love them. <3

But I do think it'd be nice to rescue a cat from a shelter that's been declawed. I wouldn't declaw a cat myself, but if it were already done and I were to rescue it, I admit it would be nice to have a cat that didn't claw things or people...lol
Peeing/pooping on random things is a problem I've never had with a cat. I don't know if I've just had the right kinds of cats in my life, or if I've accidentally come across the secret to perfect litterbox skills. LOL

Also, to be fair, the Kitty Boy Brothers have NEVER clawed a person. Okay, I take that back. Whitacre scratched my brother across the face once, BUT he did it because my brother cornered him inside a TV box and scared him half to death. LOL! Ticheli won't use his claws on people to the point that our vet uses him as the "practice angry cat" for all the new vet techs. He makes all the noise of a pissed off cat, with none of the actual fighting spirit. LOL!

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
When Phoebe was extremely naughty, I swore I was never EVER getting another kitten/cat because she was so terrible. However, now that she is only naughty (and not extremely :p) I miss having a cute kitten around!

When Harleigh got fed up with Phoebe's annoying/crazy antics, she simply held her down with her paw... like so. LOL

But then she has her cute moments... I mean seriously, how can you stay mad at this face for long?!

Now this, THIS is a face that drives me insane. The cat is so stubborn and annoying... I just know he is going to outlive us all - just to spite us. haha! He has his moments though.

Tigger and Phoebe like to do photo-bombing of fighting... as evidenced by this picture (ignore the disgruntled Harleigh!)

I can't decide if life would be dull or peaceful without cats :lol-sign:

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
You forgot the missing wall decals!
Now now, I can't confirm that's the cats. LOL! I just highly suspect it. :p
Once I find the dang thing, THEN I'll know whodunnit.
I FOUND THE CAKE!!! It was stuck to the inside of the curtain, a place I'd checked about 1000000 times already. (PS: this is a wall sticker, not a real cake. LOL)

It may or may not have been done by cats, but I shall blame them anyway. :p

But they LOVE you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is very true. LOL!

Members online

No members online now.