Wichita Falls, TX meetup, April 17th, 2011

Saeleofu

I figured since it seems we've got a date and a place nailed down, I'd make a new announcement ;)

We have the city picked I think, but time of day and exact location are still up in the air.

If you will be coming, or might be able to come, speak up! If you want to share hotel rooms, plan meetups on the side, whatever, feel free to discuss it here.

I'll be bringing Logan for sure, and possibly Gavroche as well.

I'd prefer this to be early afternoon (or somewhere around there) as I will be driving down the day before and stopping in Lawton, OK to see a friend. I will probably have to work the next day and can't afford 2 nights in a hotel anyway (I will be staying in a Motel 6 in or near Wichita Falls the night of the 16th), so I need to drive back that night. If I'm home by 10 or 11pm that's fine, so ending no later than 4 or 5 pm is ideal for me. Checkout at the motel is noon, so 12:30 or 1pm would be nice ;)

If anyone has any idea for what to do/where to go, I'd love to hear them! Are there any dog-friendly patio restaurant things to meet for lunch? Dog park? Hike? Swimming? I myself think a hike would be super fun (possibly even a picnic hike?), if there's any good places to do that.

lizzybeth727

I'm plannng on coming and bringing at least one dog with me.

I'll probably come up on Saturday afternoon, and I'll have to be back Monday morning for work so I'll probably leave Sunday afternoon.... Just staying the one night.

I don't know anything about Wichita Falls, TX.... I'll wait and see if anybody replies to this with suggestions, and if not I'll be happy to do some research. :)

Saeleofu

Is this still a go? I need to know soon if this will actually work because if it is, I will enter Logan in the Collie Nationals and hit them on the way down (rally and obedience are Thursday/Friday before that weekend, I'll probably enter Friday and use the money I saved on local entries for the extra night in a motel), and just do one or two classes in the local show.

Entry deadline for Nationals is this coming Wednesday.

lizzybeth727

I'm still good to go, don't know where everybody else is. I imagine if it's just the two of us, we should probably cancel, considering the costs involved. :(

Saeleofu

I'm thinking we're going to have to cancel. I will be back in Kansas to visit a couple times a year after I move, so maybe we can work something out then:)

I WILL be in Tulsa April 14th and 15th for collie nationals, if anyone can make it by :) I may still be going to the Lawton area in the 16th, depends how funds work out. So if anyone want to meet up somewhere during that time PM me :)

lizzybeth727

Yeah, sounds like interest has waned. Wish I could make it to collie nationals! Maybe next year. Is Moxiecollies going to go this year?

Saeleofu

I'm not sure if she is or not. I've been meaning to email her for a few weeks but haven't gotten around to it yet.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Gonna keep an eye on this, for the next possible meetup. Once I get my license I'm hoping to make a drive down to texas to visit my cousins, and I'll be bringing at least one dog.

Members online