Fading a Lure - from KikoPup

Maura

Very nice video. The only criticism I have is that she is using a well trained border collie. You might not be able to fade the lure so quickly with a dog who is not schooled, or who is a dimmer light.

lizzybeth727

Very nice video. The only criticism I have is that she is using a well trained border collie. You might not be able to fade the lure so quickly with a dog who is not schooled, or who is a dimmer light.
Kathy Sdao calls luring a method for advanced dogs. Most inexperienced dogs are going to need extra time before they figure out the behavior if you're teaching it with a lure. If you train using different methods - such as shaping and capturing - before introducing a behavior with a lure, then fading the lure should be very quick.

Kathy Sdao calls luring a method for advanced dogs. Most inexperienced dogs are going to need extra time before they figure out the behavior if you're teaching it with a lure. If you train using different methods - such as shaping and capturing - before introducing a behavior with a lure, then fading the lure should be very quick.
interesting! I never use a food lure, so I have never need to fade it. Pretty much anything Kikopup posts is golden...she recently adopted a new dog also!

Part of the reason I don't ever do training "instruction" vids is that the dogs pretty much already know what Iam doing, so it feels wierd to be faking the learning of the behavior. LOL

Members online

No members online now.