GSD 1936 Germany Video

The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" ...

I can handle being roasted as long as the dogs dont suffer from me trying to prove my points my ego is letting it go for the sake of the dogs.

All ref have been removed

Last edited:

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Look the fact that I have extensive resume in dogs is a verifable fact.
The fact that you guys are pet owners and want to base the entire GSD and other breeds for that matter on your limited exposure is also a fact.

The fact that the GSD RESCUE people ANGELS who do this for kindness back up exactly what I said and you do not think GSD experts are a fact is called living in denial.

The fact that you think the creator of the GSD is WRONG and you are right?
Is just mind boggling.

Sad real sad. NO wonder the breed is messed up . Its not the dogs the owners its all about ME ME ME MY DOG MY DOG not the general welfare of them all. Or the preservation of what the breeds creator wanted.
Props to the breed creator. no really, props to him, hes awesome in my book

but the breed has CHANGED since then, MOST breeds HAVE CHANGED since they were created

for most dogs, their original use is no longer needed so yes, they are become PETS and/or have found a different use/purpose!

So we should bring horse drawn carriages back so that dalmatians can have their purpose?
Of course not lol

I dont see it as denial and no, i dont think the breed is MESSED UP.

I think due to popularity, this breed has its problems, same with most breeds.

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
I know I said I was done but...

Cpt Von Stephanitz contributed to the breed creation (you want to talk about ignorance, I'll give you a book to read and you'll feel it then) but he was also described as a very opinionated man. He's also been dead for about 70 years and the breeds future left to other people.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I do see your point, I really do. but I dont see how you can't tell the different between OPINION and FACT

opinion is saying 1/1000 GSDs are MESSED UP

FACT is getting all the GSDs in the world, temperament testing them and CONFIRMING that 1/1000 are messed up. which would never happen

Fact is, GSDs are never going to be just working dogs. they have EVOLVED

they are HEROES, guide dogs, search and rescue, agility dogs, pets, therapy dogs and so much more. I think the 'creator' would see all that and be PROUD of his breed

WOW I know now with last comments
I can bring back the Capt from the dead to make it a fact for you.
Showing you what GSD he created was supposed to be.
And it wont make a difference you guys wont care.

Take this trouble for me: Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim.''
Rittmeister Captain Max von Stephanitz [1864 - 1936] [/
B]

Last edited:

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
Yorkies used to be 15-19 lbs.. Now breed standard is 7 lbs. They are supposed to be lapdogs first and formost now. JUts because there size and structure changed doesnt mean that 15 lb Ratting dog isnt still there.. Keely almost caught a grouse last night. And would have too, If I was being dragged behind on the leash. lol..

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
WOW I know now with last comments
I can bring back the Capt from the dead to make it a fact for you.
Showing you what GSD he created was supposed to be.
And it wont make a difference you guys wont care.

So no reason to bother talking any more.
Excerpts from ancestral research
There was a diverse variety of other European breeds, and it is still possible to find descendants of some of these early working dogs. Among them is a type known as the German Collie, or by its colloquial name 'German Coolie' or 'Coulie'. In von Stephanitz's book The German Shepherd in Word and Picture (1925), there is mention that Australian graziers were sufficiently impressed with German sheepdogs to import some.
These dogs would almost certainly have been crossed with local dogs, among which could have been the Border Collie. von Stephanitz's classic work covered all manner of German sheepdogs. Among them were what he called the 'tiger-spotted sheepdog' that could be found in several provinces of Germany.

Take this trouble for me: Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim.''
Rittmeister Captain Max von Stephanitz [1864 - 1936]

GSDs still do WORK lol no, they dont work the same way they would in 1864 but they do SO MUCH

GSDs have excelled at basically every dog sport/work. they have done SO MUCH as a breed. police work, search and rescue work, service dog work and so much more

he would probably look at this breed today and be PROUD, because although there is bad, there is SO MUCH GOOD.

Im not saying that all GSDs are perfect, of course they aren't. but they aren't "MESSED UP" as a breed either

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
PM, you take what you want out of everyone's posts and twist to your own agenda.

FACT: You can't post a FACT based on your opinion but I"ll help you there...

FACT: You quote out of a book written close to 100 years ago, certainly some things have changed for the better and worse.

Here's some FACT for you:
ATTS - American Temperament Test Society, Inc. - ATTS Breed Statistics - page 4
GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG 2929 2,452 477 83.7%

OUT of 2929 dogs temperament tested, 2, 452 passed, 477 FAILED...passing rate of 83.7%.

So, your 1/1000...BS. Technically this is saying that out of every 1000 dogs, 837 will pass a temperament test.

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
I said I was done but what the.

If I prove that their are more GSD messed up by posting stats ref pics video rescue news stries it will hurt the breed,
Why dont you guys PROVE its not true that would be good for the breed.I dont need to prove it the math does itself.
Its already been done :)

I dont see how that math did itself.. If it did then its seriously warped..

I just got a call from a GSD person/ here on Chaz who has asked me to stop posting since it is going to cause harm for the breed. He stated any real GSD breeder understood what has happened to the breed and are trying to correct it. But this will not help them. So I am REMOVING some stuff if i can.

I am comfortable with my knowledge I will let others have the last word.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I just got a call from a GSD person/ here on Chaz who has asked me to stop posting since it is going to cause harm for the breed. He stated any real GSD breeder understood what has happened to the breed and are trying to correct it. But this will not help them. So I am REMOVING some stuff if i can.

I am comfortable with my knowledge I will let others have the last word.
on that note. you might want to take your number off, just for safety reasons lol i know im such a worry wart but still, i always worry. commercials and spammers find numbers on the internet and use them for all sorts of madness

I have caller ID block I picked up tel on screen from TV from a kennel name.
So thanks.
For MR GSD please do NOT post what you wanted to I appreciate the offer.
But If you do you will just start it up again.
Please let it die . Thank you and I look fwd to meeting you next weekend pls bring that dog you sent to me.. I want to meet him - Breeders like you are the reason the GSD will live forever.

Members online

No members online now.