Bittersweet pictures

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
The lighting was nice today so I went outside to take some pictures of all the dogs. I decided to go out beyond the fence and hike up to Harry's graveside and I got the most remarkable bittersweet picture ever.

This is Harry's memorial tree. It's grown very nicely.

And his tombstone, which had been getting covered by dirt so I cleaned it off a bit.

As I was taking pictures of the tombstone, I noticed something else walk into the frame. So I snapped this picture:

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I love the last pic. The tombstone is very pretty. Is it a butterfly because of Papillons being called butterfly dogs?

We did something very similar with my Dad's ashes.

bubbatd

So touching !!! Lovely setting and sentiments . Harry was loved and it shows it .

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Rose is really truly the most amazing dog. Not because she can do a bunch of tricks (hardly) but just because she is amazing. I can't really describe it, but she's brought so much joy into our lives. She fell into our lives at such a tragic time, but has made it into something very special. There will never be a better dog in any of our eyes.

I'm not sure what kind of tree that is. I'd have to ask as I can't remember it.

And we thought a butterfly was fitting since they're butterfly spaniels and papillon means butterfly.

cinnamon

I'm scrolling through the pictures, admiring the tree, thinking "aawwww" at the tombstone, then burst out laughing at the happy smile. What a cutie :)

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Oh, how special! What a wonderful set of photos.

I've always been afraid of putting my dogs in the ground once they're gone. I'd be afraid of moving away and leaving them... :( But it looks like Harry's got a wonderful little place up there on that hill - what a beautiful final resting place!

Members online

No members online now.