Pitbulls

Fandogg

I see a lot of pro-pitbull stuff on this forum which is fine and I see where people are coming from but really... I never hear of any other dog actually KILLING people (be it the dogs fault or not...usually the owners) except for Pitbulls. I guess on occasion a Rotty or something may do something like that but the bottom line is Pitbulls are dangerous because irresponsible people care for them. We can't change the people but we can get rid of the dogs. Innocent human life is more important then innocent dog like, i hate to tell you that.

Fandogg

Well I figured I'd get under your skin and speak the truth at the same time.

Saje

Island dweller
Well, you're going to get a lot people who disagree here. And a huge part of the problem is that these pitbulls are not pitbulls at all.

Check out this site:

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

I'd like to know how many guesses it took you.

Not only that but there are many other breeds of dogs that are more likely to bite.

And why get rid of the good dogs of any breed when it's the people who cause it?

Watch out this to understand more:

Never mind it's being moved.

And I do not value the life of people over animals. In my mind they are equal.

Fandogg

That's fine if they disagree I don't really care but the bottom line is they can't defend that.

Saje

Island dweller
Of course we can. We do all the time. Read some of the past posts. Read my post above.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Bottom line pitbulls are not the only breed of dog who has killed people. And FYI most killer dogs you see on the news are pitbull crosses ( you should be able to tell the difference) and yes untrained unsocialized pitbulls have attacked people thats not the breeds fault.

I have been attacked three times in my lifetime twice by two different labs and then anouther time a lab BC cross hmmmmm.

I have gotten into fist fights over this with people I have met in person so no I don't take it lightly and yes it does get under my skin.

i own three pitbulls and their the best dogs i have had they sleep with my neices and nephews when they spend the night . They go everywhere with me and get along great with other dogs.

Oh yes they really deserve to die.

BaileysMom

It doesn't seem like you are making much of an arguement for yourself, Fandogg. I am sorry, I didn't see you provide any valid resources where there was extensive research showing that ALL pitbulls are dangerous and people should "get rid of the dogs", as you put it. Did I miss the research you did before making such a profound and obviously offensive statement?

The problem with ignorant people is they always generalize. There have been bad experiences with pitbulls whose owners obviously didn't take on the additional responsibility of training them and socializing them, and the ENTIRE breed should be wiped out.

I need to remind you: it is not the DOG, it is how the dog was RAISED.

Here is some information I found on one website which sheds some light on the whole "pitbull" issue.

One interesting fact: "Everyday there is a news story that implicates the "pit bull". 90% of the dogs implicated are NOT "pit bulls".

Hmmm... isn't that INTERESTING?

http://www.petitiononline.com/Bill132/petition.html

Here is another site:

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/welcome.html

Please, do some research before you form such dangerous and hateful opinions.

Following Fanndog's logic(?) one could infer that since there are far more instances of people killing innocent people than there are Pits - or any other type of animal for that matter - killing innocent people, it is the people that should be exterminated as a species.

That makes at least as much sense as the original post - and follows the specious logic used by the original poster.

bubbatd

Me thinks Fandogg wants to knock over another bee hive!! First, I want to say we have a weekly radio show here where people call in concerning dog/cat problems. When anyone calls about a pitbull it is about something other than agression. The vet, when learning it is a pit, will always say what wonderful dogs they are and he's so sorry they get such a bad rap .He said that all of his pit clients are sweet, loving dogs. Because of so many bad raps here in Indianapolis (bred for fighting, guarding or just as a macho dog to make the owner look tough ) when I see a stray in my yard I can't go out and check it's tags to find the owner like I do with other breeds. It's sad, but I can't take the chance. I personally have more problems with chows....can't trust them.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Haven't met a well behaved/trained pit I haven't liked. There are many other breeds that I wouldn't step near.

mrose_s

BusterLove
Fandogg said:
We can't change the people but we can get rid of the dogs. Innocent human life is more important then innocent dog like, i hate to tell you that.
Well I hate to tell you that Pit Bulls are no more dangerous than any other dog. I no sometimes irresponsible handlers get a pitbull, but that IS NO reason to wipe them out. Humans are a lot more dangerous, dogs havn't invented guns or harpoons, they dont poisen their world with pollution and greenhouse gases.
They are more natural, they react if they fel threatened, and, if threatened enough, will react constantly, because if they have been mistreated
human = danger
danger = attack
that is the same plan for any mistreated dog
we bought this upon ourselves.
Please go to
http://pitbulls.jentown.com/stereotype/pitbullstereotype.htm#stereotype
it explains the steryotypes and why they exist.

And to me, animal life is probably more important than human life, especially pets, they rely on us to live...

mrose_s

BusterLove
Renee750il said:
Following Fanndog's logic(?) one could infer that since there are far more instances of people killing innocent people than there are Pits - or any other type of animal for that matter - killing innocent people, it is the people that should be exterminated as a species.

That makes at least as much sense as the original post - and follows the specious logic used by the original poster.
absolutley, as much as we dont want to admit it, we aree a lot more dangerous.

A person murders 20 poeple and they are put in gaol for life.
A dog bites someone because they were being teased and the dog is put down, doesnt really seem fair

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
wow you sure do sound like your REAL educated and that was a real mature comment whatever your age is.

"generalizing" because you go by acouple of cases where a pitbull is this kind loveable dog like they never did anything remotely vicious"

I think your alittle backwards there buddy i really think you need to do your research and THINK before you SPEAK. Just a thought.

caspersmommy

I LOVE MY POOCH
I would just like to comment that an old neighbor of mine had 3 pits. They were the most beautiful and loveable pits that I have ever seen. Not to mention they were the first ones that I had actually seen in person. I have now seen a lot of them and they are all really sweet. To me it is just how the dog is raised by its owners.

I have some personal statistics for just such occasions:

I figured out that by last count, in my career I have trained twelve pits and pit mixes. I have also trained twelve Yorkshire terriers. These are clients who either went through my entire basic obedience course or my problem solving program. I have never been bitten by a pit or pit mix. Four of those twelve Yorkies bit me. Understand that I work with dogs every day, so by necessity I'm an expert at diffusing a dangerous situation before it actually escalates into a bite. I have no doubt that one of those pits could've caused more damage in one shot than all those Yorkies did, but the point is that they didn't. I don't even recall ever feeling threatened by one.

In fact, there have only ever been two dogs in my entire life who actually frightened me. One was a greyhound who'd been constantly abused by his race trainer and left to die in a ditch with a broken leg. (His new name is "Lucky" and we're best of friends now. He scared the pants off me when we were taking him out of his kennel at the rescue. He didn't bite, but he made it clear that he fully intended to at the time.) The second was a Rhodesian ridgeback with too many testicles and too little training. He thought it was hilarious to scare people. It worked on me the first time, until I figured out what he was doing.

The point is, dogs aren't monsters. Even more, particular breeds aren't monsterous. Statistically, pits aren't any more likely to bite than labs. Making generalizations about breeds is cruel and dangerous and is the cause of a lot of pain and death. It's racism, and it should be just as taboo as racism between humans.

Members online

No members online now.