People who are on medications..

iwantmypup

How do you remember to take them...
I NEVER thought this would be a problem. The pills I take are the easiest part of taking care of myself, and I've always remembered them! Now that I'm not with my immediate family, the family im with doesn't know anything about my treatments or pills, etc. So nobody ever brings up my meds and then I never remember either.
I don't know what to do! Like right now I'm wondering why I'm so anxious and depressed, and I realized I haven't taken my anti depressant in 3 days. :eek:
This is not good!
Help me out, fellow pill poppers :p

They do make pill organizers that have alarms on them, that might help. Or if you don't want to get one of those set the alarm on your phone and have it go off daily.

But that would be the first step, getting a pill organizer and putting them in there for the week/month or whatever. If you have different pills that you take at different times of the day a week long one would be best, but if you only take some at one time of day I would do a month one. That way there isn't any forgetting to refill it once a week.

Then put it somewhere you are every day and make it part of your routine. Next to your tooth brush, under your coffee cup, next to your glasses etc. Something that you can count on doing every day no matter what. And don't do the "Oh, I'll take them when I'm in here next, oh later. Just do it. Make it a habit.

I work at a pharmacy and if 90 years olds can remember to take their pills so can you!

xpaeanx

I can't even remember to take my sleeping pill... and by the time I'm like, "crap I can't sleep why didn't I take my pill"... it's already too late and I don't have enough time to sleep left so I can't take it.... and I keep it right by my bed WITH a bottle of water.

The best luck I've ever had with remember is what Linds says. I put them in an organizer and that went over my tea box... so when I made my tea in the morning they were there.... but sometimes I skip my tea bc I'm running late... so maybe I need a new place?

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
All of my supplements are on top of the microwave, I get them when I make food.

The rest of my one-a-day meds are in the bathroom I do my morning routine in. After brushing my teeth, I pop the three pills.

Teal

...ice road...
One of Ruger's duties as my SD was to remind me to take my medication. He'd either alert me or bring it to me (depending on where I left it :-/). He's retired from public access, but he still alerts me if he's with me. If not... yeah, I usually don't remember... lol I've tried setting an alarm.. but then it goes off while I'm doing something, and I'm like, "Oh! As soon as I'm done, I'll take my medication..." Uh huh. Think I remember that? No. LOL

houlahoops

I have one of the little pill dispenser things (where there's a box for each day of the week) on my night stand. It's hard to get into the routine of taking them, but once I do it's not usually too bad!

Red.Apricot

I keep the bottle out next to my computer, and take it with my coffee in the morning.

I get extremely cranky and feel awful if I don't take it, though, so I usually remember later.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I have a list clearly made list of what, how much and when, to make sure I don't miss anything, and iPhone alarm is a lifesaver.

That and just knowing that it's important, and desperately trying to remember!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Oh my if you forget and take two of the wrong thing together with my regime your going to suffer the consequences in a most nasty way. IF i miss doses, I get sicker. I don't want to be sicker, and I have these last 5 years seen more pills than I ever thought one liver could take. IT comes down to being responsible for your own health. If you need a chart, make a chart, if you need a time table, a pill box, whatever it takes to get the job done. I have to keep track of mine, I have to keep track of Hyia's and now I have to keep it all under lock and key which makes being on the road tricky. Because of that I have missed doses of mine because they are 2 hours after you eat, or with food, or inbetween this and that, and with this and with that, and because of chaos I have lost myself and lost ground that I am now trying to gain back.. You have to do the best you can and if your taking multiple medications, if your taking any medication, read the bottle read the bottle and read that label one more time before you take it yourself or give it to anyone else. That has saved my butt more than once. Also if you have to dispose of meds I have been instructed that coffee grounds are the safest way. Don't keep old meds around for they can change into something else not just weaken.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I put my pill organizer on my desk right next to my keyboard. When I sit down to eat/drink/play on the computer, I see the organizer and am reminded to take them.

lizzybeth727

At work we try to schedule all meds at breakfast time or dinner time. Then it's very easy to prep meals and meds at the same time.

That's how I tend to remember to do things, by lumping them with other things. For example, if I'm at work and need to remember to get something out of my office before I leave, I literally look at the front door and picture myself leaving, and then say to myself "get the _____, get the ____." Then when I go to the front door and actually do leave, I hear "get the ____" in my head and remember to do it. :) It works.

boneyjean

Stinky Butt
When I have had to take something every day, I always set an alarm on my phone for a time of day I am almost always awake and able.

CaliTerp07

Mine sit next to my toothbrush, with a little shot glass for water. Then it's a visual and I see it right when I wake up or go to bed.

K

Kaydee

The pill organizer is next to the coffee machine with the dog vitamins, of course some mornings I'm sleepy enough I almost pop the dog pills, mmmm liver flavored vitamin and Folgers, nothin' like it!!!

Members online

No members online now.