Doggy Diets?

Mally2007

Hi Everyone -

Recently I have noticed that my pup has put on some pounds and I am concerned that she is unhealthy and overweight. Does anyone have some pointers (other then the obvious - exercise) on how to put my pup on a doggy diet? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Oh - she is a Lab / Sharpe mix....

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
how old is your pup, and what are you feeding her? Take a good look at what treats you are giving and how often.

Paige

Let it be
What type of food is she eating? Is she getting enough activity? Have you taken her to the vet to make sure it's not medical?

Dekka

Just try me..
Feed less. If she is less active at times, reduce her food. When she is more active increase it. Dekka eats 1/3 when she is not training for agility then when she is.

nuvetmarie

The BEST for your puppy..
Puppy feeding tips

If you feel your pup is close to " over-weight" status... You can go to Adult food if your dog is at least 8 months old.

If under 8 months - has your vet made any concerns in regards to the dogs weight?

If you are just a worried mom.... Here are some suggestions:

Feed a good quality food - dry kibble such as Innova, Chicken Soup for the Soul, Wellness Formula - Anything Holistic with no grain or VERy little grain and fillers.

Next, 1/2 cup of green beans 1-2 times per day - as a between meal snack.

Only healthy snacks such as " Mother hubbard " brand- Something low fat and Natural if possible.

And, as you mentioned - exercise.
10 minutes of ball play? two times per day
25 minute walks - 2 x per day???
Doggie Daycare or Dog Park 2 x per week

:)

Members online

No members online now.