Vibers Request: Golden Malinollie Ditzhund

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Good vibes for miss Kim would be appreciated. She's been on restricted duty for a month now and visiting our DVM/Chiro/Acupuncturist to try to get what we thought was a back injury healed up, then came up dead lame on her right shoulder for no discernible reason...she'd been on walk/trot restriction and hadn't had anything like an opportunity to do anything Kim-like (such as superzoomies with hard zig zags...her specialty...) that would have caused such a problem.

So we're heading in to our regular DVM tomorrow (earliest I could get an appt). Best case scenario I can think of at this point is probably Lyme. Which isn't really a great choice but...yeah. It would make sense anyway since she was bitten by a tick about 3 months ago and it looked like it was attached for a bit before I found it...other ticks I found on her and the other two (we had a really bad tick spring) either hadn't bitten yet or looked to have *just* bitten...but that one...

Anyway...vibes for my girl would be appreciated.

JacksonsMom

Awwww, vibes for Kim! If its lymes, it should be easily treatable, right? Vibes it's nothing serious and she can be back to her zooming self soon.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
My understanding is that Lyme disease is somewhat variable. In many dogs, it can be taken care of in a couple weeks or a month of doxy or amoxi...in others it takes longer...in still others they end up with chronic lyme which is really bad news...

In Kim's case she has been on a mild steroid for her back and apparently lyme disease and steroids should not mix so if it turns out to be Lyme I'm not sure how much worse that could have made it...rather sick to my stomach over all this to be honest...

JacksonsMom

My understanding is that Lyme disease is somewhat variable. In many dogs, it can be taken care of in a couple weeks or a month of doxy or amoxi...in others it takes longer...in still others they end up with chronic lyme which is really bad news...

In Kim's case she has been on a mild steroid for her back and apparently lyme disease and steroids should not mix so if it turns out to be Lyme I'm not sure how much worse that could have made it...rather sick to my stomach over all this to be honest...
:( I'm so sorry. I really hope you get everything figured out soon. The not knowing and just waiting is always the worst.

I'm still relatively confused about lymes disease. When Jackson showed symptoms (limping) and he tested positive and they put him on a month worth of doxy, I believe. Ever since, he's tested negative for lymes. But isn't the test only somewhere around 50% accurate or something?

Argh, how frustrating for you.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Yeah Webby's tested positive on the SNAP test since 2008 but has never shown symptoms so we've never done a C6 test. Lyme is just a weird, highly variable disease in terms of who if affects, how it affects them, how it responds to treatment...

Don't even know for sure what's going on in Kim's case yet though so trying to balance considering possibilities with NOT dreaming up all the possible endgame scenarios...and just really hoping for definite diagnosis and the best possible prognosis

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Lots of vibes for Ms Kim...

...I will cross my fingers that it turns out to be something easily treated.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Thanks guys.

Kim woke up today and was magically not so lame on her shoulder. General soreness was definitely still a factor but apparently the acute pain in her shoulder had dissipated. She isn't the most ummm patient girl in the world unless it's something she finds personally motivating so she thought sprinting up to the house this morning after chores was a grand idea. We had to have a "do as I say not as I do" chat about that one before she elected to walk calmly to the house instead, shooting me "Are you happy now???" looks the whole way.

Vet visit in 2 hours.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Hmmm, well, that's good news... but still no answers? Did they have any other ideas?

Members online