I want to have 1

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Remember puppies are a BIG responsibility.
Potty training, nipping, chewing, destroying things, getting into the garbage, feeding, and all other things that goes along with dogs. I would talk to your parents about it and see what they say. Maybe if they saw yes to getting a dog you could look at a rescue or shelter for older dogs that have already gone through the puppy stage.

i mean said and i don't really have bad spelling or grammer whats ur favorite subject mine r math and reading have any of u took the gate test i did but didn't pass i might try next year to see if i can make it and i think i would what a trained puppy or trained dog or a dog my brother says we should get a dog.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
It takes awhile for people to answer back sometimes.
I grew up around dogs and am a musher and own over 25 dogs at the moment. I am also a breeder of Siberian Huskies now those they would eat a hamster lol I would guess a Malamute would too. Im not a whole lot of help. All i can say is puppies are a HUGE frustrating responsibility that should'nt be taken lightly.

hey thx and how did u get that picture on ur username and how old r u thats my question 4 everyone that goes on i want 1 or anyother one of mine so anwser the question unless u can't 4 a personal reason. how can u paste dog picture stumped

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
No problem :)

Im 24
I saved my icon pic to my computer then when you go to edit your avatar you hit browse and as long as its with in the size limit the picture you choose will be your avatar.

Go to a site like www.tinypic.com or www.Photobucket.com browse and upload your photo and choose the url with the IMG on each end. Cut and paste it onto your topic or reply and it will show up.

mrose_s

BusterLove
yeah, i grew up with dogs too, had six already, but we have always lived in town so once we get out we are getting sum maremas that'll be lovely...

Hey and welcome to chazhound!

Dogs are a big responsibility. I have three spayed female dogs, medium in size. They take up quite a bit of my day--walking them, feeding them, giving them attention, cleaning up after them.... So it's important that you find whether you have enough time to take care of a dog. Puppies are even harder than adult dogs, because they get into EVERYTHING (and I mean everything).

What kind of dog would you like to get and why?

not sure mabye goldon o yeah please tell me ur age unless u have a personal reason

Last edited:

nedim

The last thing I wanna do is put you down, but I dont know if you're quite ready for a dog. A dog is an enormous investment of time, not to mention money and energy. Are your parents prepared to spend money on dog food, chew toys, vaccinations, spaying/neutering, regular vet visits? There is a whole list of things that a dog needs to be healthy and happy, and the time you spend together is one of them. I believe you said you're in fourth grade, right? School will take up a lot of time. Who will take care of the dog while you are away? Also, are you prepared to wake up at 5:00 am in the morning to walk your dog? Don't forget to bring a bag, because you will be responsible for cleaning up your friend's messes. That means poop work will be a part of keeping your friend healthy and keeping your neighborhood beautiful and poop-free. I am 14 years old and I'm in the ninth grade and I hought long ago that I was ready for a dog. Turns out I wasnt. I got my best friend(Peanut) a few weeks back and keeping her healthy and happy has been a struggle. I am also in school, and I have to manage my time very carefully to make sure that Peanut is taken care of. I sometimes choose to stay home instead of hanging out with my friends because I know that Peanut needs me. I hope things work out for the best, and I hope you give a lot of careful thought to the idea of having a dog in the house.

Nedim, you're a spectacular doggy friend. Peanut's so lucky to have you. I know a good number of adults who still don't realize what you already know about taking care of a dog. I really respect you for caring so well for Peanut. :)

Members online