Dog boots

So, I live on the Canadian prairie, and winters are rather harsh. I still like to get out with Louis, regardless of the weather, but feel he needs some boots.

I'm never happy with the boots I try. Either they don't stay on, or snow gets trapped against his skin, or they don't have adequate traction, etc.

Anyone have dog boots that they love? Easy to get on, and stay on?

Ugh, boots. Venice NEEDS them in winter too, but I have yet to find ones that are warm, functional/stay on, and don't cost 32462783183743 dollars.

What I have for now are fleece-lined Muttluks with the stockings cut off. The stockings make it SO much harder to put them on and like you said, she just ended up with packed snow held against her ankles.

Her feet are still chilly when we get inside (she has whippety/boxery fur so her feet are basically naked), but they are dry and away from the bite of the ice. If she's in deep snow the lip at the opening still collects some snow, but it doesn't press it against her leg like the stockings did, and isn't nearly as much.

Good luck. If you find some miracle boot let me know.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I've always heard good things about the boots from dogbooties.com. And you can't beat the pricing!

Members online

No members online now.