Hyia's first dance

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
She went to her first dance tonight. THe school said they were not to come as boy girl couples, it was to be just a fun get together since they are seven and eight graders. No touching, and no getting dressed up fancy. So this is what she put together. I was to stay completely out of it and that was fine by me. SHe put her outfit together without asking any opinions. She said it was REALLY LOUD but seemed happy enough when I picked her up. They ordered pizza, had skittles and soda and water, the Dance had a halloween theme. I really like this pic and wanted to share since she has been a CHazhound kid since kindergarten. SHe is becoming a young lady! Just doesn't seem possible. SHe made her choker by finger knitting. I wish I had her purse in the pic, it is silver,sparkles, and has blunt spikes. The councilor at the school gave it to her, along with her leggings which was really really nice of her.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
^^That. A thousand times that.

Oh, our little Hyia really isn't so little anymore!

Barb04

Super Moderator
I can't believe she's this old already. I still remember that little girl. Glad she had a good time.

ACooper

Hooray! I'm glad she had a good time! :)

And as far as outfits go, as long as our girls weren't showing inappropriate amounts of flesh, whatever they put together was fine.......that's how you find your style :)

Miakoda

Hyia looks like a very awesome, edgy pixie. :) No matter how "hard" she looks, there's still a softness that comes through, and it's a really beautiful contrast.

I'm glad she had a good time at the dance. I despised dances. Lol

Snark

Mutts to you
Hyia looks great! Love the outfit and that attitude. :) I'm glad she had a good time!

Doberluv

Wow...she really HAS grown up! I can't believe how long I must have been on this forum. I DO remember when she was just a little girl. She's grown into such a nice young lady...who looks like she knows which end is up. Her outfit really suits her...casual looking, quirky and cute.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
She has grown up SO much. It's hard to believe she is turning into a young woman already. Her style is so cute and seems very her which I love! Glad it sounds like she had fun.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Your all the best of the best. I will make sure she sees your comments this evening. : )
THank you. ((((HUGS)))
I was trying to find a photo from when we joined. This was a year later, missing her front teeth. I can't find the one I wanted to find but if I do I will come back and post. THe years slip through my fingers like sand. I just can't keep up.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Thank you Paviche. It is so nice to be able to show her that other people think she showed style and confidence too. IT is imo so hard to be 12, your not a child, your not teen, your not sure of your place in the pecking order at school and she sure has delt with her share of bullies and I am very proud of her for how she has handled it, even a passive aggressive coach. She is trying harder to be positive about her responsibilities at home. SHe is not the angry at the human world preteen I was. tho I had my reasons, I was not a nice person at that age to people. FIne with animals, but pretty much hated the human race and according to my Mother, showed it in my face daily. I am glad she is not like that.

All we wore in jr high was rock t shirts and bell bottom jeans, if you wore ANYTHING else you were a total nerd. My Mom wanted to sew my jeans and I woudl have rather shown up in a box. Nothing worse imo even now then home made blue jeans and she also had a need to use up all that horrid poylester thick as a sponge material she had stored up in the 60's. So that was why I started doing kennel work, that and to keep my dogs. I was able to trade for dog food, vet care, was given my pick of lab puppy and glorious of all, pick out my own clothes from a store. Poor Mom, she tried so hard and was such a good seamstress. I was such a snot.

Letting Hyia discover her own style is really a wonderful gift to her, Smkie, and will help her self-confidence SO much.

I hear you on the school clothes, lol. I wasn't allowed to wear jeans to school -- mom barely let me wear pants. I had to teach myself to sew to keep her from making my clothes and REALLY dressing me like a freak.

Members online

No members online now.