How many times do you give your dog a bath?

candaceluvspebbles

#1 Animal lover :)
once a month

I wash my chihuahua pup around once a month.She doesn't roll in the dirt or get dirty much.She mainly lives in the house,although she does go outside and plays with my other dog Bella,a chihuahua/foxy terrier/jack russel mix!
There always wrestling with eachother, i'm suprised how overprotective she is to to pup :)

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Currently I bathe Quigley once a week, since our obedience and agility classes are held at a public park, in areas where dogs pee and poop when the area isn't coned off for classes - and you can definitely smell that after practice. :eek:

There are good quality shampoos that do not strip the coat of its oils, so I'm not worried. :)

Its a myth that bathing a dog too much is bad for its skin. What does the damage is the low quality, highly detergent shampoos that are sold in alot of the pet stores. If you buy a good quality shampoo, that is free of soap and detergents their oils will not be stripped. I've seen people who've gone 2 years and never had their dogs bathed because they've heard baths are bad for dogs and as a result have nasty skin problems. Think of show dogs, they get bathed and groomed regularly and have beautiful coats and skin. Its all in how its done and what products are used.

Emma get's bathed every month, she gets too dirty to wait any longer. Moco goes to the groomer every two months or so.

Members online

No members online now.