Post neuter hair

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Okay so I'm about to give up with Beau's coat. He had a gorgeous coat till he got neutered and now it's just a mess.

Pre-neuter:

Now:

this is AFTER grooming too. It just sticks out everywhere and the texture is really strange.

What kinds of products can I use to get it to at least lie flat? I'm not expecting him to get back into show coat or anything, I just want him to stop looking like a walking dustbunny....

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
No, no conditioning. I've never needed to before with any of them. What's a good brand I could try on him?

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I often go with people products.. Lot of afghan people often do too least for 'wash out' conditioner. I've tried multiple leave ins and none make me wow..

If you start playing with conditioners it will help, but as you've acknowledged it won't 'fix' it, just help it.

Many afghan people post altering keep them short coated as opposed to fighting to get coat to quit looking like heck. I'm in a similar fight with Smudge's coat.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Lol, well I've threatened to shave him already. ;) Im not sure I could ever go through with it though!

Do you think supplements would help?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Also, is it just luck or something else that all 3 of my girls were spayed and their coats stayed the same?

2pups622

Soon to Be 4 Pups!!
Wow thats a big difference. I never seen a difference in coat after neuter that bad mabee hes missing something in his diet that he didnt need before his neuter that he needs now.
We use people conditioner for ours especially the two with long hair.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Sawyer is starting to get that "neutered older dog" coat and it's driving me crazy. It sticks up funny, it's gotten really cottony in spots...I need to do a really good spring bath on him anyway, but sheesh.

So, you're not alone!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I use The Stuff after a bath and whenever I groom... somebody else here swears by The Stuff but I can't remember who right now. You could try that. I've also heard that a lot of people like the Bio-Groom coat conditioning cream but I haven't tried it. I'm using a Tigi pethead conditioner and I don't know if it's making a huge difference or not. It was a cheap impulse buy and it smells like sugar cookies, LOL, so I'm just going to keep using it until the bottle is used up and probably not buy another.

You could try supplementing with Salmon Oil and see if it helps, or throwing an egg into his food?

Members online

No members online now.