Odd people

I don't know why, but when I walking with Pompadour many people have asked me if he has being bred O-o

I think is weird that a person goes to ask strangers if their dogs are virgins or not. :dunno:

I'm not sure if they want to know if we have puppies from him to sell or if they want to breed him with their dog :confused:

A woman asked me if he was male or female, after I said is a male, she told me "I have female mix that is fluffy. curly, cute and is dark brown,... has your dog has being bred" :mad:

I told her that he is still a pup and so she was surprised, "oh I didn't knew he was a just a puppy"

So she was going to ask for a stud :mad:

B

Blue_Dog

That's so weird! I don't know what I would say if that happened to me. Stupid people. *sigh*

Doberluv

Argggg. How weird. Maybe you just have to tell them that if you decide to breed him in the future, it won't be until he's had all the genetic health issues checked out and deemed as healthy...mention some as examples...not until he's past two years old. And go on to say how breeding dogs irresponsibly, with no regard to genetically carried health problems or temperament is not something you'd ever, ever engage in, that there are far too many dogs in shelters and only the best of the best should be bred. You can tell them of his championship parents' back ground, how you're going to get titles on him first before you'd ever consider breeding him...that those titles are some indication of his quality etc etc etc.

Hey, if they open the topic by asking you those kinds of questions, why not take the opportunity to expound and tell them how you feel? LOL. It sounds like some of those people could use a little education and you've been chosen from above to do the educating.:rofl1:

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
My Cousin asked if Teagan was fixed and if not we should breed her male maltese to my westie. I just rolled my eyes and said I dont support back yard breeders and they add to the over population of shelters.

its rather frustrating though, and alot of the time its hard to be nice about it :)

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I've been asked to breed Mina before. :rolleyes: It's more annoying that anything and most of the time I just don't reply at all or tell them that she will be spayed.

Yes it can be very annoying sometimes. :mad:

Doberluv sometimes I say that, but now that you mention I didn't notice before but it I do it wit people I know.

One of this person, asked me of I was was going to breed him some day (just for curiosity as he doesn't own a female)

My reply was that I'm not sure, it would depend if he wins at shows and pass the health testing I had to explain what they where since he didn't knew and older than two year, then I would decide if I would breed him or not.

His reply was "then he is going to die as a virgin" :rolleyes:

I said that I didn't care 'cause I don't want to bring puppies who could have a possible behavior or health problem, and used an example a boxer we had years ago from a BYB (we didn't knew at the time :( ) that had hip dysplasia and how he suffered with it.

Sometimes I say my goal is to continue his training, sociolation, learning about grooming, etc.. :) and don't think about breeding until what I said before happens.

Doberluv

You are very smart. And I'm glad you set people straight about what the right thing to do is. Way to go!

Members online

No members online now.