Does your dog watch TV?

Scooter

Zoe will stand right in front of it if there are dogs, or any other animals on the TV. Sometimes we turn on "America's Funniest Animals" just to watch her stand on the bed just inches from the screen. I've got to get a picture of it!

shazbot

not so newby
I have 3 dogs, but only 1 will really watch tv. Funny enough the times I notice when he's really into the tv is when the Simpsons are on...lol...the normal stuff with other animals on tv, he will walk to each side to try and figure out where the animals are.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Dakota spends all day watching TV, I kid you not. Dad has a big screen and Dakota sits in front of it and moves his head to follow the subjects. If a football/baseball/hockey/basketball game isn't going well and dad yells at the TV, Dakota barks at it.

He likes sports, dog shows/agility and action movies. He hates talk shows (leaves the room if Bill O'Reilly comes on the TV... I guess he did pick up something from me.) and is bored if we get 5 minutes into a movie and nobody has been in a fight yet. He has an obsession with guns and hitting. :rolleyes:

Dash and Eve glance at it periodically if there's an animal on the screen.

bubbatd

Our Goldens loved to watch "Old Yeller " ....except Copper Fox who hid her head at " bad " spots . I've seen Ollie watchinmg tennis !

ACooper

Certain shows where there are dogs barking will get Orson's attention.......but as far as actually watching, NO neither do.

But then again our TV isn't on all that much, the kids watch in the family room but the dogs don't spend much time in there.

Herschel

Herschel doesn't watch my plasma, but at home he stares at my parents LCD. No idea what the difference is to him...

Nala watches if there are animals on and they are making a lot of noise.

WES

Watching TV...

Bella will watch TV if there is something interesting with animals on. In the pic she is watching a dog agility show IIRC.

noludoru

Bored Now.
No.. he often flicks a glance to it.. but usually no. We don't watch a lot of TV, so he really hasn't had the opportunity to see a lot of genres.. for all I know he's a fan of The View...

milos_mommy

Milo watches everything (desperate housewives and pushing daisies are his favorites (ok, pushing daisies is MY favorite)). He kind of goes a little nuts if he sees animals on tv so we avoid putting them on just for him. He's also totally got a thing for blonde women on tv (he didn't bling when i watched the miss america pagaent).

Benji LOVES the movie Snow Dogs...or 8 Below? one of those. and he also really likes to watch videos of himself as a puppy. He looks behind the tv to see if the doggy is back there.

Milo's funny. When a dog barks on tv, he'll run to the window, and we go "it's on tv" and he runs to the tv to see.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Major could careless about whats on TV. Lizzie will glance at it if a dog barks, nothing else.

I've only seen her once go up to the TV and sniff to see if the dog that was barking was real.

bubbatd

I have a TV in the computer room , so when Ollie is here ,,,he'd watch while I'm on Chaz . Sadly I don't have cable for him !

Paige

Let it be
Nope. Not even when dogs are barking on the TV. They are pretty much dead to all sounds besides commands due to living with musicians. Only dogs I know that don't mind a trumpet being played all hours of the night.

adojrts

None of my dogs have ever watched t.v, they don't respond to sounds or even dogs running agility/flyball etc.
But my new pup, is an avid t.v watcher. She gets very excited by dog sports and kill scenes from the doc. on lions etc. Dogs in general on t.v get her attention and so does seeing children.
My husband told me the other day, that he put a channel on that had just the sounds of nature on it and she got very excited lol.
If I am studying agility video's of Petie and I running agility, I have to put her in her crate in another room, she carries on so much lol.

This is new experience for me and I find I watch her alot and how she responds.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
completely and totally ignore it..Bronki once thought the meowing cat was behind the tv..that commerical about drove him crazy. Even with the cat on the screen, he looked everywhere but the tv. I have never had a dog that gave it the first glance let alone the second.

bubbatd

I'm very happy that Ollie now knows the difference between door bells on TV and mine !

Members online