Eek. . .What should I do?

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Well, my aunt has a female "pomapoo" and is in the process of buying another "pomapoo" to breed her with once she is of age. My cousin tried to talk some sense into her but he was really harsh and it didn't help at all. Does anyone know any good sites or something similar that could really put BYB and unethical designer dog breeding into perspective for her? I know only people who are willing to learn will actually listen and it's up to them, but I want to do the best I can to show her the realities.

joce

Maybe try pointing out that a poma poo and a pomapoo are not a pom a poo and even the byb don't call them that.That they actually mix a pom and a poodle. It could come out all pom or all poo:p
thats the only way I convinced someone not to breed his beagle poo mixes:rolleyes:

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I'm with Joce.. Nicely explain she likely wont get the same mixes.. More likely to recombine to be more pom like dogs and more poodle like dogs out of a litter than the 'parents'.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
I really dont 'get" ALL of these poodle crosses..

We get SOO many into work its unreal..

why would you want to cross a Bichon and a poodle too?! THEY ARE BOTH "non-shedding" lol

MafiaPrincess

Summer I asked a lady on a forum with a bichon x poo why..
She told me "because she hated poodles". Bunch of people pointed out it was half poodle and she contested like no other that it was nothing like a poodle. Okkkkaaaayy...

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I'll try but I don't think she'll care. SHe's completely set on breeding pet dogs for a living. :(

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Eeee...that is not good :( I feel so sorry for the doggies!

I am Sorry Virginia..I have no good info site I could give you.

MafiaPrincess

Depends if you want to be sugar and spice or not. I'd print off the bybs book of excuses and hand it to her.

showpug

Instead of trying to talk her out of it, help her prepare by telling her all the facts. These alone usually change peoples' minds

*C-sections $1000 or more
small breeds can have a hard time whelping, usually need c-sections and have small litters. This alone will make her LOSE money, not gain

*Tell her which health screens she will need to have done before breeding. Cerf and patellas AT LEAST! Approx $100.

*Buy her a book on breeding a litter. These books are great at explaining things in detail and the details can be SCARY!

*Let her know that there is a real risk to her bitch and the puppies and that she will need to know how to tube feed, supplement and help unthrifty puppies.

Have her read this:
http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/breeding/breeder3.html

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Thank you so much showpug!!!! I just hope she thinks about all the problems with small dogs because she has a friend that back yard breeds chihuahuas who has never had a problem yet. I'm pretty sure that she will be her "guide."

showpug

Thank you so much showpug!!!! I just hope she thinks about all the problems with small dogs because she has a friend that back yard breeds chihuahuas who has never had a problem yet. I'm pretty sure that she will be her "guide."
Yes, it's always the breeders that don't care that have the easy, problem free deliveries. When you actually care and try to do everything right is when something horrible happens. Makes me so angry that it works out like that!

Members online

No members online now.