Sentinel vs Interceptor

Back40

My 4 dogs (all rescued mixes) are on Sentinel as a heartworm preventative. I also have them on Frontline plus primarily for ticks as fleas are not much of a problem where I live. I am thinking of switching for Interceptor for a $$ saving since both use Milbemycin oxime. The only diff is Sentinel also contains Lufeneron which prevents flea egg development. Thoughts?

Barb04

Super Moderator
I use Interceptor here which is supposed to control whip worm that TN has lots of.

elegy

overdogged
I don't see the point in doubling up on flea protection unless you have a whopping big flea issue. If you're already using Frontline, I'd definitely make the switch to Interceptor. Sentinel is crazy expensive.

Saeleofu

I don't see the point in doubling up on flea protection unless you have a whopping big flea issue. If you're already using Frontline, I'd definitely make the switch to Interceptor. Sentinel is crazy expensive.
Same here. If you want an all-in-one pill Trifexis is about the price of frontline (just a tad more) and has milbemycin for HW. Doesn't do ticks though, so in that case go with Frontline.

Mine do frontline and heartgard in the summer, Trifexis in the winter.

My dog Dre is currently on both Interceptor for the prevention of heartworm and other internal parasites as well as Frontline Plus for the fleas, ticks and external pests. He's been on the same two meds for a while and has had no problems with fleas, ticks, heartworm, whipworm, etc. (Knock on wood!) If it saves you money, I say give it a shot... if you don't think it's working, you can always just switch back.

HappyPuppy

I got fed up with the sticky topical and have been using Comfortis and Interceptor. At our Dec vet visit, they sold me Triflexis, which I just gave for first time. < it was definitely a lot cheaper than buying both separately.

just saw this on another forum - http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/blog/No....es-20448-1.html (Novartis Suspends Production of Interceptor and Sentinel )

Members online

No members online now.