The Venting Thread

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
My hours have been drastically cut at work, and I'm really upset over it. When I asked for more hours they were really rude about it, too. I now work 2 hours every morning and 2 hours in the evenings two days a week. I'm really upset, and am going to have to get another job, now.
That seriously sucks. I would talk to them because frankly it's unfair.. if you knew earlier you'd be working 8 hours a week you might've taken another job instead. I'd quit frankly. How rude!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Could they be thinking that all your sick days are just you making excuses to take off work? Because it does sound like they are cutting your hours in an effort to get rid of you.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
If they've got your hours cut and split like that . . . they're trying to get you to quit. :(
They cut everyone's hours like that. And I'm one of their best employees so I don't think they'd try to get me to quit. But we have no boss right now and everything's crazy. The lady who runs the program for all the schools in the county is our temporary boss and she's not a nice lady.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Could they be thinking that all your sick days are just you making excuses to take off work? Because it does sound like they are cutting your hours in an effort to get rid of you.
No, I haven't had any inexcused sick days, I have a doctors note covering each day I've been out, and I've even come in feeling HORRIDLY sick just so that they wouldn't be short handed. My boss knew that and knew I was one of the only ones who actually takes this job seriously and works really hard but she doesn't work there anymore.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
That seriously sucks. I would talk to them because frankly it's unfair.. if you knew earlier you'd be working 8 hours a week you might've taken another job instead. I'd quit frankly. How rude!
I did and she said "no one is guaranteed ___ hours". And I would quit but honestly I love this job and I love the kids. I really don't want to quit.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
This nasty, sticky misty rain **** can go away. I have to work tomorrow and its gonna suck working in this mess.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I know it would be a totally different age group and whatnot... but maybe you could take that experience and apply to daycare centers or something?

Hillside

Original Twin
No, I haven't had any inexcused sick days, I have a doctors note covering each day I've been out, and I've even come in feeling HORRIDLY sick just so that they wouldn't be short handed. My boss knew that and knew I was one of the only ones who actually takes this job seriously and works really hard but she doesn't work there anymore.
Fair warning, even with doctor's notes, you can still be let go for excessive absences in a lot of places, unless you on FMLA.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Fair warning, even with doctor's notes, you can still be let go for excessive absences in a lot of places, unless you on FMLA.
It was just a week and I had the flu. My boss (who isn't there anymore) told me not to come in. I told her I was going to try and come in even though I still felt sick, but wasn't contagious anymore and she told me "don't worry about coming in til you're feeling better, we have it covered". I have the texts saved. So I really can't be about that.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I know it would be a totally different age group and whatnot... but maybe you could take that experience and apply to daycare centers or something?
Maybe.. I've thought about it but honestly I really loved this job until my boss left. It just sucks. A guy who started working AFTER me (and for the record was out with the flu the same time I was) got more hours (same hours we used to have) than me, and I don't think it's fair.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I have to go back to work tomorrow after a pretty good vacation of 12 days off. I was hoping I'd be all rested but I've spent a lot of it traveling to relatives and then having people over for the holidays. I didn't have a chance to get my housework I'd wanted done.

And work is going to be all drama-filled tomorrow, I know. It's too long a story but I am hoping it's mostly settled down while I've been out but everyone's been out and are all getting back tomorrow.... ugh. I hate drama.

Plus side... nosework and agility start up again tomorrow and thursday. I really miss it on our weeks off. I spend too much time training dogs.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Also it's raining and nasty outside and cold. I don't want to go walk in it, Summer refuses to walk in it. Mia probably would but she won't just go play in the yard. Between that and being out of town and leaving her with the dogsitter, and then the lack of classes, I'm getting to see how bad Mia really is with nothing but some ball playing and chews to keep her entertained. It is not fun. She's whining every minute or two and is doing all sorts of weird stuff (like jumping in the bath tub and digging in it all the time

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I'm sitting here crying about my job and I keep trying to tell myself that there's nothing I can do and that it's not personal, but it still really upsets me. She did offer me a chance to direct clubs two days a week for 3 hours if I can think of a club of like to direct. I asked her if she needed someone to do an art class or a singing/voice class and I haven't heard back yet. So she is trying to help me out, it just sucks.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm sitting here crying about my job and I keep trying to tell myself that there's nothing I can do and that it's not personal, but it still really upsets me. She did offer me a chance to direct clubs two days a week for 3 hours if I can think of a club of like to direct. I asked her if she needed someone to do an art class or a singing/voice class and I haven't heard back yet. So she is trying to help me out, it just sucks.
=< (((((HUGS))))) Been in the crying over a job position not that long ago and it's horrible. I would explore some other options, like find an afterschool program or daycare center maybe. Are you still in touch with your old boss? Ask her if she would write a letter of reference for you... not just be a reference, but write up a letter you can copy and submit with your application. It's nice that she is trying to help you out but since she is being slightly nasty (while it's certainly true in many places that nobody is guaranteed hours, it sounds like a BUNCH of people are getting shafted and that is bad news for everybody...) I would just start putting the feelers out. If you wait until you REALLY hate it to put the feelers out it will just be that much worse. Start looking now even if you're torn... if things improve you could always turn down another job offer.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Thanks so much Beanie that's great advice and I really appreciate it! I did ask of there were other schools in the area who need workers, but is still be working under the same woman. I will check out some other options. Thanks again!! ((Hug)) :)

I just hate that I really love this job and its getting like this =\

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Back to work tomorrow. :( And it's a long freaking day too lol 8am-7pm waaahhhh. Why do vacations go by so fast!! I'm not really sure if I am capable of going to bed at a reasonable time tonight, and getting up early tomorrow. Also of course terrified of how the day is going to go... since it's still a brand new job to me..

Just 3 more days to the weekend, woot?

crazedACD

I'm going to add to this page of work vents with I hate holidays because it means less days to complete the same amount of work. Oh but last week, we didn't get our normal stock, plus we had major sales the week before Christmas...so the order this week is H.U.G.E. On a normal week we get maybe six 8ft pallets of stock..NOT including dog food...this week will probably be like fourteen pallets. We couldn't get the smaller order of dog food put away Monday because it was a short day. So we will have those two pallets of dog food, plus probably six pallets of regular dog food, and fourteen pallets of pet product stock. Wahhhhh.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I was suppose to be back to work today after the holidays. I slept like crap last night and then woke up with a terrible stomach ache. I thought I was just overly hungry, but I ended up throwing up. I tried to get to work, got half way there and then had to turn around because I was getting really nauseous. So I had to call work. I am hoping I only have food poisoning.

Members online