Do your dogs have any annoying habits that you hate?

Airn

Gwen is rude. We go to the dog park so she can socialize. We're lucky if she likes one dog a month. She also is nervous around people. (Which we're working on.) But it's a bit embarrassing when dogs/people want to play with her and she either runs away or just flat out ignores them. I wanted to cry when she played with a Border Collie AND a Kelpie mix the last time we took her.

She also tends to refuse to do tricks/play catch in public or when we are talking about how good she is at it...

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Recently?

Divebombing the cat. And it's not even effective, it doesn't scare Whiskey at all. And he is just doing it because he's an ass.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Whine.
Whinewhinewhinewhine.
Whinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhine.

I can't even begin to tell you how many times a day I yell at this dog to shut up because I just WANT IT TO STOP.

Toller_08

Licking! So. much. licking. Ripley I swear doesn't realize his tongue actually belongs inside his mouth. And he has an awful, nails on a chalkboard screechy whine too.

Keira licks a lot too (she has to keep those precious paws clean after each meal, even if she didn't use her feet to eat), but makes a different noise. Still equally as annoying.

And Dance doesn't really make licking noises, but I hate watching her lick her feat. She does it so erratically fast.

I guess I just really hate licking period! It's the most annoying for me.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I also get annoyed that Juno always pulls the blankets off her cot. So many mornings I wake up and there is a sea of blankets and beds on my floor to be picked up. Like, dog! I put time and effort into making you a no-sew fleece blanket. I wash your bedding frequently and carefully fold it up to achieve maximum plush comfort. And you throw it on the floor!!!!

I do giggle inside a little bit though when Lucy is sleeping on the cot, on the blankets, and Juno doesn't give a darn and begins pulling the blankets off anyway which in turn pulls Lucy to the ground.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
My mother teaches her dogs to only lick/scratch themselves in their crates.
So now I have an AVERSION to dogs licking and scratching themselves.. like if I see dogs doing it I'm weirded out like it's not normal! lol which it totally is, I'm just so used to not seeing it.
I used to think it was a ridiculous thing to spend time training. but honestly, I've gotta admit that when I go to someones home and see their dog licking/scratching away all over people or in the middle of the living room I am very happy that our dogs don't do that lol

BUT.. I hate whining. And her Bichon is a WHINER. Like, toy falls off the bed WHINEEEEEEEEEEEEEE until someone goes to get it kind of thing.

Romeo does not bark often.. but still, he's a chihuahua. His bark is frikin annoying.

Grab

I teach the dogs to not lick or sniff. Cannot stand licking or sniffing.

Catsi

Grace grumbles when it's dinner time. It's not quite a whine, but it a very demanding sound and I find it irritating. But her normal talking does not annoy me at all.

Abby's barking can be annoying, but honestly I'm used to it and I know how to minimise it.

Not my dogs - but whining is very annoying to me.

Hillside

Original Twin
I'm going to join the whining/licking party. (Are there cookies?)
Um, random gripe that I'm sure some of you would kick me for, BUT...
my dogs get along too well. Seriously, all they want to do is play with each other. It is annoying. They can't just hang out and chill. If I want peace, I either have to put them in a down/stay or crate one of them. They chilled out and cuddled for the first time only a couple days ago, and it was still VERY brief. Oh and surprisingly, it is the canine paperweight aka "she who keeps the couch from floating away" that is the main instigator, NOT the crazy ass Malinois.

spiffy

Butt licking!!! My dog is really into this annoying habit. It really wouldn't bother me so much if he does not have the other habit of licking my face after he has thoroughly cleaned his butt. YUCK!:yikes:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Summer is an obsessive licker. It is very hard to pet her sometimes without her trying to lick up and down your arms. Drives me crazy! And no matter how I try to condition her to stop, the second she gets a chance she will try to sneak a lick at your mouth. Ew.

She is also very needy and clingy sometimes. And loves people so much it can get obnoxious.

Nothing Mia does really annoys me, surprisingly. There's plenty to be annoyed by- barking, whining, times when she constantly throws tennis balls at me, etc. But it really doesn't bother me. The demand barking on the days when she won't take a hint can get kind of old. But it doesn't bother me to the extent the licking does.

JacksonsMom

He has the most annoying bark in the world. Whether he's playing, alerting, or whatever, it's just high pitched and awful. So yeah his alert barking is the most annoying because it makes me cringe and be like 'JACKSON!' and he often gives me heart attacks.

I also find it annoying that when we sleep at my dads house, he wakes up very early and wants to go downstairs. We have a gate at the top of the stairs because the other dogs cannot go up there. So he decides he wants to go downstairs, he gets let outside, so he wants to come back up, he'll lay with me for 5 mins and then he barks to go down again. The cycle goes on and goes. It's so annoying because he won't stop barking/whining, and I end up just getting up.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Bamm- whines badly if I'm training with one of the other dogs. Does his reactivity issues count? That's a bad habit.

Cricket- she feels she has to growl or bark at the slightest noise. If she feels someone or something is in or near our house she won't let off until she is fully satisfied that the source of the noise is either friendly or long gone.

Joey- most annoying bark ever and he barks a LOT! I don't mind it sometimes, but other times I just want to kill him lol.
He also does not settle in a crate easily so he will whine non stop in the crate. Even if I give him stuff to do he will be occupied for a few minutes but then decide he wants to whine again. Covering his crate has helped but he is still a whiner. He also barks non stop if I take one of the other dogs outside without him so we have been working on the dogs being walked separately a LOT so he can get more used to the idea of me taking another dog Nd leaving him.

Assamiea

Rocky has the most annoying whine when he wants to get your attention. It's not a normal high pitched whine, it's more like a series of deep throated moans that make him sound like he's in pain!

Baxter is a constant foot licker (his own feet, not some elses), which drives me crazy! It's almost like his train of thought is: Sit on the dog bed, lick my feet; lay on the couch, lick my feet; oh you want to sleep, let me lick my feet!

Sekah

The Monster.
Cohen will whine when she's bored. And she has this annoying habit when I have friends over of going to her water bowl to drink then coming over to lick my guests. Licking & whining seem to top most people's lists of Annoying Things Done By Dogs.

Mega drives me crazy with her constant scavenging. She's constantly sniffing the floor and licking anything that stands out against it, like lint, hair, rocks and other debris. I've started yelling at her for it and sending her to her bed because it drives me absolutely crazy. Definitely her most annoying habit.

Members online

No members online now.