Poor dogs and owners ):

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
The poor pits are having a hard time here becuase it is just so cool for a young tough person (usually male) but not always to own one. They are in the back of pickups (of course with the huge chain around their neck) or doubled up in the cab. The usually owner that I hear of or see is about 18. Most the time it is their first dog. Could something be put together to be given by breeders to explain to the first dog owner..to not play with your puppy roughly, I think of this as mistake number one..to socialize (there for reducing prejudice) from the very beginning..something along that line? These young people all brag around here and it just makes me want to yank their hair for they have no idea what they are doing and the whole breed suffers because of it.

If I ever got a Pit or Pit mix, I would definitely super-duper-socialize it. Because they are more likely to act aggressively towards other animals and dogs than some other breeds. I am not saying Pit Bulls, AmStaffs and Staffies are bad dogs, but more likely to be dog aggressive etc..

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Your right Gaddy if their not socialized then they most likely will have aggression issues. Thats why I took every chance i got to take Tundra and Zeus out in public when I very first got them. both love people and other dogs. I feel badly for the Pits who don't get that chance to be well socialized.

Members online

No members online now.