Returning a dog to the breeder - Questions/Rant

Red Chrome

Also here is the same picture directly from my photobucket account...Unedited.

Some from that same day..

Front shots from the same day...

All of these were taken within a few days of each other. The data should be on the pictures.

crazedACD

Personally, I have been in poor situations where at the time, I didn't really think about doing something about it. Then something will come up that makes me start thinking about it, and I look into if I can report it or not. I know this is a different situation, but I was royally screwed by my car insurance company a few years ago. I took care of it then, but a while later I got to thinking and went and filled out some reviews and looked into reporting it to the BBB. I also witnessed some poor behavior by a veterinarian that I should have reported, but for whatever reason at the time I did not.
I don't think the length of time before coming out about this is really a huge issue here. You can really get caught up with the dealing with the direct impact of the situation, not actively warning people. Hindsight is 20/20.

CatStina

SBT Lover!!
Just so everyone knows. I had contacted the breeder a year ago via FB asking how Bullseye was doing. She contacted me a week ago AFTER Jairi had called her inquiring about the puppy. I asked some questions after she told me about how he was returned to her and then I asked for proof. I didn't initiate the contact with the breeder last week.
FWIW, I understood this from the wording of your post on page 8.

I wasn't going to to this but you've slandered me enough - I never said anything other than your dog is VERY thin - and he was like that for months - that haircoat is poor, he's not "out of coat". Well he might be but there's more to it than that and you know it.

Jairi has dug her own grave and I could care less.
But you're a member on another board where I explained why Savannah was adopted by someone else.
She's a Basset Hound, and she had back problems. We did not know that, all we knew was she started lashing out at the others, and we didn't know why.
Then one day it became apparent she was in PAIN. Savannah was OUR dog, not a foster. Her back was "out" and so we began pain regiment and within a day she was showing a lot of relief. However, the protocol for back injured dogs is 6-8 weeks strict crate rest and Savvy didn't know why she was crated and others were loose. We still couldn't allow her freedom because of her back, and when the others got near her she still lashed out I'm assuming due to the pain she imagined she'd feel.

After discussing with our vet, we sought, and found, a wonderful home where she'd
be the only dog, and only then did we let her go. It is our own pride that makes us think OUR home is the only home a dog can thrive in, and our vet felt another home would be her best option. This was just last year.

As for Lambie, she was our dog as well, but we rehomed her when the other dogs were aggressive to her, due to her deafness. I don't prefer to keep a dog who is miserable here, or is getting beat up, and on one occasion she almost lost her eye.
She lives with friends of ours now, and couldn't be happier. See, there is such a thing as a "bad fit". And that was some 5yrs. ago we placed her with them. Again, ego gets in the way, and the only way we could keep her is a strict crate/rotate situation, and that isn't the best existence for a dog, when there's another family who wants her.

Luke...well all I can say is you're awfully mean to bring him up, but that's your style, I guess, RC :cool:

Anyone can trot over to Shepherd Central and view the thread about him. He was bred by a guy in Oregon who used some very poor quality dogs to start his breeding program.

This guy was imprisoned for raping a co-worker (male) and his dogs were left out to starve to death. Luke was 95lb. but when he was rescued he was some 80lb. He had anxiety due to that situation, btw.

After just 4mos. in our home he became ill with SIBO and almost died. He then started losing his pigment, developed Demodex (not good at 3 1/2yrs. old) and other autoimmune problems. The decision to put him to sleep was due to his health issues with some temperament problems thrown in from bad breeding.
Should we have kept him alive to suit your needs, Courtney??

I still miss having him, and wish it had been different.
We had no idea where this dog came from and it was unfair of his "rescue" to not disclose issues he had. They knew of it but kept it quiet. We'd never have adopted him had we known :(

Luke had also bitten my father, and tried to bite my mom.
See, the guy who bred him fancied himself to be a professional trainer, but a friend who knew of the situation told me Luke's mother was extremely reactive with poor nerves. This same man worked all of his dogs in Sch., and Luke was not the right temperament for that. The other dog we met when adopting Luke went on to have aggression issues in his new home, as well.
Anyone who has lived with a dog from that type situation knows what a strain and stress it can be.
Then add his health issues on top of that and yes, it was too much.
But I suppose, for forum gossip purposes, it would look better to have kept him alive and suffering?? Yeah he "disappeared" into a grave :(

For you to bring him up is just...beyond LOW :(

And as for your "mistakes" RC, is this one of them?

In all honesty, I had him listed for sale awhile back(like 1 year ago) to get him in a home with a better handler,
Trying to sell Judge? (if anyone who wants to know where that's posted, PM me)
But now you're breeding him again, with no titles on the mom-to-be or him, YET, although in 2010 you were trying to title him, and it's now 2012 and he's still not titled. Yeah, the people on GSD board loved hearing that, didn't they? I mean all you got was..."WHY are you breeding untitled dogs??"
Kinda wound up with egg on your face over that one, with a PUBLIC warning, too. (That thread is on GS.com for those interested)

And as for "dislikes pit bulls", nothing could be further from the truth. There's a difference between knowing your limitations and not liking a certain breed. I don't rescue Chows or Rotties, either, but I don't dislike them. We most recently rescued a pit bull you were going to take, she was here for a week before going on to a new rescue where she found her home. So I guess your "dislikes pit bulls" isn't exactly true, is it? Why would we even try to help them, if we didn't like them??

Come up with a new line now and then, please? :cool:
You can play the victim in all this but some of us know different...

Red Chrome

Yvette -you are beyond vile. The fact that you STALK me here just to post an old picture of my dog when he was thin. Where is your proof that I mistreat my dogs?? As far as breeding Judge, well that's none of your business since it doesn't affect you. You trash my dog and then run around saying you rescued puppies of his which is impossible since his puppies are all accounted for and microchipped.

You can try and make me look bad all you want.

As far as selling Judge, I did consider it briefly. But decided that being with me was the best for him. Also, as far as the bring breeding, I asked for input on a pedigree combo. That was it. Never said I was doing the breeding just gathering information.

BTW - An RN is a title which Judge has and he is working towards titles, I work a real job, I'm not a stay at home parent living off the profits from my rescue.

Last edited:

Red Chrome

Also, this thread was about the Fila puppy Jairi starved. Not me,not my dogs or anything else.

Come back when you have Vet records and pictures to prove my animals are neglected.

FWIW- the comment about Judge being listed from sale over a year ago was on germanshepherds.com

yoko

Since this does seem like a retaliation from a supporter of teal. I'll ask for vet records and the breeder of her dog to come forward and not just a pic she herself has posted.

Doberluv

I wasn't going to to this but you've slandered me enough - I never said anything other than your dog is VERY thin - and he was like that for months - that haircoat is poor, he's not "out of coat". Well he might be but there's more to it than that and you know it.

Jairi has dug her own grave and I could care less.
But you're a member on another board where I explained why Savannah was adopted by someone else.
She's a Basset Hound, and she had back problems. We did not know that, all we knew was she started lashing out at the others, and we didn't know why.
Then one day it became apparent she was in PAIN. Savannah was OUR dog, not a foster. Her back was "out" and so we began pain regiment and within a day she was showing a lot of relief. However, the protocol for back injured dogs is 6-8 weeks strict crate rest and Savvy didn't know why she was crated and others were loose. We still couldn't allow her freedom because of her back, and when the others got near her she still lashed out I'm assuming due to the pain she imagined she'd feel.

After discussing with our vet, we sought, and found, a wonderful home where she'd
be the only dog, and only then did we let her go. It is our own pride that makes us think OUR home is the only home a dog can thrive in, and our vet felt another home would be her best option. This was just last year.

As for Lambie, she was our dog as well, but we rehomed her when the other dogs were aggressive to her, due to her deafness. I don't prefer to keep a dog who is miserable here, or is getting beat up, and on one occasion she almost lost her eye.
She lives with friends of ours now, and couldn't be happier. See, there is such a thing as a "bad fit". And that was some 5yrs. ago we placed her with them. Again, ego gets in the way, and the only way we could keep her is a strict crate/rotate situation, and that isn't the best existence for a dog, when there's another family who wants her.

Luke...well all I can say is you're awfully mean to bring him up, but that's your style, I guess, RC :cool:

Anyone can trot over to Shepherd Central and view the thread about him. He was bred by a guy in Oregon who used some very poor quality dogs to start his breeding program.

This guy was imprisoned for raping a co-worker (male) and his dogs were left out to starve to death. Luke was 95lb. but when he was rescued he was some 80lb. He had anxiety due to that situation, btw.

After just 4mos. in our home he became ill with SIBO and almost died. He then started losing his pigment, developed Demodex (not good at 3 1/2yrs. old) and other autoimmune problems. The decision to put him to sleep was due to his health issues with some temperament problems thrown in from bad breeding.
Should we have kept him alive to suit your needs, Courtney??

I still miss having him, and wish it had been different.
We had no idea where this dog came from and it was unfair of his "rescue" to not disclose issues he had. They knew of it but kept it quiet. We'd never have adopted him had we known :(

Luke had also bitten my father, and tried to bite my mom.
See, the guy who bred him fancied himself to be a professional trainer, but a friend who knew of the situation told me Luke's mother was extremely reactive with poor nerves. This same man worked all of his dogs in Sch., and Luke was not the right temperament for that. The other dog we met when adopting Luke went on to have aggression issues in his new home, as well.
Anyone who has lived with a dog from that type situation knows what a strain and stress it can be.
Then add his health issues on top of that and yes, it was too much.
But I suppose, for forum gossip purposes, it would look better to have kept him alive and suffering?? Yeah he "disappeared" into a grave :(

For you to bring him up is just...beyond LOW :(

And as for your "mistakes" RC, is this one of them?

Trying to sell Judge? (if anyone who wants to know where that's posted, PM me)
But now you're breeding him again, with no titles on the mom-to-be or him, YET, although in 2010 you were trying to title him, and it's now 2012 and he's still not titled. Yeah, the people on GSD board loved hearing that, didn't they? I mean all you got was..."WHY are you breeding untitled dogs??"
Kinda wound up with egg on your face over that one, with a PUBLIC warning, too. (That thread is on GS.com for those interested)

And as for "dislikes pit bulls", nothing could be further from the truth. There's a difference between knowing your limitations and not liking a certain breed. I don't rescue Chows or Rotties, either, but I don't dislike them. We most recently rescued a pit bull you were going to take, she was here for a week before going on to a new rescue where she found her home. So I guess your "dislikes pit bulls" isn't exactly true, is it? Why would we even try to help them, if we didn't like them??

Come up with a new line now and then, please? :cool:
You can play the victim in all this but some of us know different...
Why are you doing this? A) Bringing/quoting stuff from other forums to this one is not allowed. B) This thread is about one puppy, a Fila puppy who was neglected to the point of severe emaciation/starvation. This is not a thread to bash any member you don't like by showing pictures of a somewhat underweight dog and try to tie that together with a puppy near total starvation, pretending like they're the same thing. Why are you trying to stir up drama where in reality, nothing of substance exists? Don't do this on here please. It reduces the importance and magnitude of the original theme of this thread. And the importance of attempting to prevent any other dogs from being in Teal's care....because she doesn't care. If all you want to do is follow RC around and stir up trouble where none exists, go someplace else why don't you.

S

SevenSins

And this last page or so would pretty much be why I'm afraid to post pictures of my AB who is thin and poorly coated...despite the thousands of dollars in vet bills, treatments, and trying to find something to feed him he's not obviously allergic to (my next option is $300 a month for raw rabbit).

Owning a hard keeper that an owner cares to work with and solve the problem != neglect and I'm not sure how it relates at all to the Fila in this thread.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Since we've gone back away from the topic at hand (and the diversions have been diverted to a new topic), we're done here.

ETA: Reopening. Both Teal and the breeder of the Fila pup have requested to be able to make a statement.

KEEP IT ON TRACK and don't name call, etc.! The thread is done being timed out. The timeouts will be given to the offending posters going forward.

Last edited:
Fila Brasileiro

Hello All,

Jari (it might be user name 'Teal') put a down payment on a puppy from me, two months later I drove the 2 1/2 hour drive to her house and picked him up and drove him to his new home. If anyone believes other than 'knowing' her, that she did not abuse my baby, by all means feel free to contact me personally - the number is 916-879-2277. In addition, the new family is willing to talk to anyone about the state he was in and the state he is in now. I did not start this thread, I was contacted and responded with truth. I should have called animal control when I went to pick him up so that prosecution would have been easy, I unfortunately was only thinking of getting him away as fast as possible. If you want to challenge my ethical standing you may go to my web site and see the proof of the good and bad I have gone through. Jari has not given me personally any proof of her accomplishments. I would caution, "Do not sell/re-home/give to her" any dog.

Being computer stupid, I have tried to re-post the pictures of his pick up day, 1 week and 14 lbs. later, and 6 months later. I haven't figured out how to do so but they are on other threads of this site.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Dianna
de la Luna

M

MyHorseMyRules

Really glad to hear from you, Dianna. Thanks for coming forward and getting this all out in the open. Took me a while to see your post as I didn't realize this thread had been reopened. I'm interested to see what Jairi has to say.

Really glad to hear from you, Dianna. Thanks for coming forward and getting this all out in the open. Took me a while to see your post as I didn't realize this thread had been reopened. I'm interested to see what Jairi has to say.
Ditto, I just realized today that it was opened and I'm so happy (while sorry you had to) that you made your way here to give your side.

Thank you for caring so much and very glad you got him when you did.

Just adding my thanks as well for sharing your side. From what was shown on this thread, you did everything in the best possible way and took care of your responsibility...I am so sorry you had to go through this and that the puppy was neglected/abused but very thankful you took care of him and got him into a new home.

Red Chrome

Ditto, I just realized today that it was opened and I'm so happy (while sorry you had to) that you made your way here to give your side.

Thank you for caring so much and very glad you got him when you did.
Thirded. LOL

Thank you Dianna for coming here and posting. I am so glad that Bullseye is in a great home now.

yoko

I'm glad to hear you got him to a better home! Sometimes no matter what research or how careful you are with someone sometimes things are just missed. As far as I'm concerned you did a great job responding to the issue and resolving it for that puppy.

Barbara!

Jairi is trying to come and make a public statement... But she is having issues getting to the forum. Hopefully that is resolved soon.

Members online

No members online now.