Charlie

Romy

Taxiderpy
He's gone. He was going to be two in October. I don't even know what to do or think, except say goodbye. Robert doesn't even know yet because his phone is off.

Rest in peace muddy mudskipper. I love you.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Oh, no. . .I'm so sorry, Romy. :( It's so devastating when they're taken from us, especially so young and so suddenly. :(

((((((((((MASSIVEHUGS))))))))))

Romy

Taxiderpy
Thank you so much everyone. It means a lot to us.

Aurelia and the neighbor boy were playing outside, so Charlie was out with them. He walked up near the road and someone hit him. One of the people who stopped to help said they saw it happen. They said he was on the shoulder and the truck either swerved at him or lost control because it's a 20 MPH corner on a 50 MPH road. They didn't stop.

It feels so surreal right now. He's wrapped in a blanket. When I picked him up he was breathing a little, but then he stopped and his eyes went glassy. I'm at my parent's house now, because I couldn't stop checking him. The logical part of my brain knows he's gone, but somehow I keep thinking he'll wake up if I keep checking.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
So tragic to be so young and be gone from you. I am so terribly sorry.
Run Free Charlie, may heaven have streams, and fields galore for you.
((((((((HUGS and hugs and hugs))))))) sigh..he was a beautiful dog.

I am so sorry, Lorraine . . . it's -- the pain of losing them unexpectedly and when they are still young with years ahead is indescribable. Buffy was two . . . .

(((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) I can't imagine how Robert is going to take it.

I have seen people swerve to hit animals that were clearly off the road and out of the way. Someone hit my Nanny's GSD that way.

I'm rambling. I hurt for you . . . ((((((((((((((((MOREHUGS)))))))))))))))))

Members online

No members online now.