Dog Feet.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
The title pretty much sums it up. Ozzy has been getting these little round sores in between his toes. There are about three of them right now, one on the back left foot, on the last toe on the outside of that foot, and two on the right front foot one on the inside toe and one on the outside toe. I mean... the sores are in between his toes, but only on the toes that are on the outside. Does that make sense? I can't tell. Anyway, they don't appear to really bother him when he is walking, but he will sometimes lick them when he is laying down. We don't fertilize our lawn and his pads are pretty tough and his feet are well balanced. He doesn't get acorns or anything stuck in between his toes, so I don't know what could be causing this. Could it be the way he runs?

We play frisbee and chuckit a lot in the backyard, but thats all dirt and grass. Plus, he cut his stop pad (thanks Sizzle, I didn't know what that was called :D) pretty deeply the other day. It looks to be healing up well though.

Should I get him doggie booties? They look so goofy, but I hate when he gets hurt.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
No. We have gravel in the driveway, but he doesn't run on that at all. And we have a concrete patio, but he doesn't run hard on it at all either. His nails aren't too long, though they need to be filed a little bit, but this has been happening frequently over the past few months, and I know his nails were shorter three weeks ago, and filed well and he still had some sores.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
No, its not a fungus. Its like a hot spot, or a rug burn kind of looking thing. If it's his nails doing it, the only thing I can think to do is clip them shorter and file them really well. If its not, then some kind of bootie maybe? Has anyone else noticed this?

RD

Are you dead yet?
It's the way he's running, I'll bet.

The BCs get these too, except on the insides of their feet (they run so hard that they splay out their feet and scrape the skin on the ground) not the outside.

Members online

No members online now.