Spent yesterday in the ER.

ACooper

Youre born with them, you don't know until they get big enough to cause a problem, they're real slow growing
Ok, since I *obviously* do NOT want to google them again :)eek: ) I will direct my question to you Jess, LOL

So if you are born with them, they have skin, hair, teeth, and possibly even eyes.........is it possibly LIKE a twin that didn't turn into an actual person?

I think I could be more ok with that idea than just the creepy group of cells with hair! LOL

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Ok, since I *obviously* do NOT want to google them again :)eek: ) I will direct my question to you Jess, LOL

So if you are born with them, they have skin, hair, teeth, and possibly even eyes.........is it possibly LIKE a twin that didn't turn into an actual person?

I think I could be more ok with that idea than just the creepy group of cells with hair! LOL
Well, it's controversial, but the thought is that yes, a dermoid cyst is a monozygotic (identical) twin

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
It isn't that you are born with cysts, but generally EVERY woman gets them after their period. Most times the body absorbs them and you don't even notice, but sometimes they just grow bigger and cause problems.

I've had ovarian cysts that have ruptured in the past - went to the ER when I was 15 for the same problem except that one DID rupture. It was a different type of cyst than the one I currently have.

Basically, from what the DR told me, it is an egg that goes crazy and just develops weird things but doesn't have any sperm to do anything with. Crazy, huh? :eek: He said that it probably got twisted when I played volleyball Sunday afternoon and that is why it was causing me pain Monday.

I went for my pre-op today and everything went smoothly. Gotta be at the hospital at 8am Monday morning, surgery is at 10am and I should be released around 2-3pm.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Basically, from what the DR told me, it is an egg that goes crazy and just develops weird things but doesn't have any sperm to do anything with. Crazy, huh? :eek: He said that it probably got twisted when I played volleyball Sunday afternoon and that is why it was causing me pain Monday.
Okay, I just have to say, that is fascinating. I have heard about undeveloped twins (and somebody tried to freak me out since I was supposedly twins by insisting I MUST have one) but not this. Fascinating.

Anyway, good luck!! I hope your surgery is swift and easy. =>

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Lots and lots of ((((((((((((((((((((VIBES))))))))))))))))) sent your way for an uneventful surgery!

Update us as soon as you can :)

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Looks like you're prob in surgery now, so sending super awesome chaz vibes!! :) ((((((((((((smooth surgery, feel better quick)))))))))))))))

Members online

No members online now.