To my Bronki

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Tonight i miss you... just as much as i did each day since you left me
I wrote u how much i wanted to touch u
and feel you weight against me while I work, and read, and think
I close my eyes and think how i could draw every line of your body, every swirl of your coat...oh how I want to look up and see you looking at me...how i want to rest my head on your chest.
I posted your pictures so others could see that your soul filled my life with joy..so I could share all that I have left of my baby.
your heart was so good.so tender..so gentle......I hope that somewhere where ever you are there is someone who will love you as I did ..I hope that they whisper in your sweet ears at night that they will never take for granted how blessed they are. I try to understand that even if you are gone, how blessed I was to have had you to be with...I try to hold on to that..just please let someone be with you that will love you now as I did..that is all I ask..I miss you my love..please wait for me ..please God just let me see him one more time. That is all i pray each night. Just let him be loved

roni

K-9 lover ;)
I understand completely...that is exactly how I feel towards Rudy. Gosh, I miss him soooooo much! You took the words right out of my mouth.

[sniffs] You've put into words all of our secret yearnings for our heart's companions who have had to leave us behind. I miss Mickey and all her bright, Terrier intelligence. Purdue broke my heart. We grew up together. Little Morgan was such a bright little personality and he loved Mickey and Purdue so much, but Gulliver the cat was his very best comrade. Gulliver went on his last journey after a long, eventful life lived on both coasts, but it was still too soon; I held him as he drifted away mercifully after a long battle with cancer. Big . . . my poor Big. He was only with me for a few years before a bullet we never even knew was lodged in his spine (he'd been picked up by animal control; his owners left him wandering alone on the lake bottom and evidently someone shot him) destroyed his life. Such a sweet creature, so deliriously grateful to be taken out of the pound. When I backed up the driveway after my parents brought him home (as a surprise - I missed Purdue so terribly) I looked in my rear view mirror and he was standing at the gate in the identical spot Purdue used to stand - I burst into tears and shook so badly I could hardly get out of the car. Then came Gonzo, my Big Blue Cat . . . The Amazing Gonzo. Slept with me at night, paws wrapped around my neck, big head nuzzled under my chin . . . woke me up in the morning combing my hair gently with his claws. Gone too soon with FIV. Like Amy's Eli, he let me off the hook by drifting away in his sleep on an Easter morning before the inevitable tumors started growing. He had an enlarged heart (he had a Large Heart, too - a certified therapy animal) and it just gave out quietly. I could have died with him if it hadn't been for my Bear. Big, bright Bear, loved by everyone he touched, crazy for children. He loved his visits to the women and children's abuse shelter with his therapy "partner" Gonzo and he was never far from my side. O'Reilly, the blind Aussie pup I brought home from the shelter to my Mom and Dad; the bravest creature I ever met, and so full of the joy of life every single day. I count every day of his life a gift and an example. And my beautiful, brave diva, Buffy. All I had ever had to do was put my hand out and that big, beautiful head was right there. Gone far too young at the hands of a killer. She fought the poison to the very end. No Amazon warrior was ever more courageous or ferocioius and no soul was ever any more loving or loyal.

Words are a poor medium for some things.

I have a vision that they're all together, waiting for me to join them, doing all the things they do - including guarding me and choosing companions to put in my path to share my life and fill the emptiness of their absence.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I pray your vision is right..I want your vision to be right..oh please let it be so.
Bronki too was a Platte county power pet that was certified to work with the elderly and he was great with alzhiemers. I wrote to Bronki in a moment of weakiness...I have had many dogs that I loved, but three were such a part of me that the loss was harder to stand, Bronki was my closest of all. Last night I was getting a migriane, and mom says I get weepy when I am getting sick...maybe that is why i needed him even more than I do every day. He nursed me through a lot of pain in the last seven years. Posting his pictures and writting about him here at Chazhound has helped me with my grief. Thank you all for sharing in my friend.

Smkie - if my animals aren't there - I ain't goin'!

Think about it. Dross matter can never be destroyed, only transmuted. How much finer is a unique soul; how can it not continue?

Barb04

Super Moderator
Smkie & Renee, you've both made me cry in a good way. Renee, what a tribute to all of your family waiting for you to join them one day. I know my Fluffy and Brandy are there in heaven with Bronki, Renee's wonderful pets, and everyone elses waiting for us. With all the love we gave them, I know they must be telling stories about us in heaven and laughing about the silly things we did.

Members online

No members online now.