This is how bad it is where i come from

P

Purdue#1

here are a few adds from our local newspaper:

1.Chihuahua's, dachshunds,yorkshire terriers, ans maltese. Designer breeds include maltayorks, yorkie-poos, mati-poms, mahuahuas, and machasunds.

2.FREE puppies-(blue heeler and spaniel mix) 3 boys and 1 girl ready to go.

3.LAP babies! mini dachshunds, pomeranians,shihtzu's, pugs, mini poodles, cocker spaniels. Ckc, shots and wormed. For the next love of your life call#.

4.Miniature pincher puppies. tails cropped, shots and wormed. All colors. $300 males and $350 females.

5.WANTED: Female shih-tzu to bred with brindle and white Shih-tzu, CKC registered

That's not all.

sam

UGH
That's disheartening to say the least
1 & 3 are obviously puppy mills
The rest are byb'ers which accounts for 70% of the dog overpopulation problem. Where is that barf smilie when you need it ?
The sad thing is the reason those people are out there is because there are plenty of people out there who don't know any better than to buy a dog from those "breeders".

P

Purdue#1

they do it to make a living. The place where my neighbor got his toy poodle was not the greatest choice. He said there were over 20 breeds of dogs and i don't think he was Exaggerating. the breeder i got my dog from this year has to have over 15 aussies. One had had 7 pups and she was servising one when we went to pay for my dog's registration. That's the way it is around here. We've got coyotes mixing with the strays. the shelter isn't that great. I was taking two orphaned kittens, trying to find the right vet and we ended up at the shelter. The guy said that they had 75 cats! There was 8 dogs in a small fenced in area outside and more inside! On our road someone moved that had 5-8 un-altered lab mixes and left them to fend for themselves. A wandering or stray dog is a dead dog around here. That's how bad it is.

mrose_s

BusterLove
i read an add yesterday for great dane, wolfhound, mastiff pups. sounds like a beautiful cross but its still sad now with all i know :(

S

savethebulliedbreeds

Yikes it is the same here. The other day I read an add that said:

Purebred Pomeranian Chihuahua puppies for sale.

I wrote the woman and told her that they weren't purebred because the parents were different breeds, and that if the pups were not registered with the CKC (Canadian Kennel Club), even if the parents were both one breed, that she could not sell them as purebreds.

The response I got from her was extremely rude and to the effect of:

First of all you should get a life and quit telling people what to do. Secondly if there was something wrong with my ad then they wouldn't have posted it. Why is it that you think I should know EVERYTHING. I was told by a breeder in the states that if I had two purebred dogs and bred them together, even if they aren't the same breed, that the puppies were purebred and I could sell them as that.

I wrote her back and asked her why she was even breeding dogs if she doesnt know everything there is to know about it.

She said it was an accident.....but she had the pups for sale for $550 each and didnt give a crap where they went!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE IGNORANT PEOPLE...or at least ones that don't want to take some advise. I wasnt even being rude or mean to her in the first email...just wanted to educate her and then i got my arse chewed off!

P

Purdue#1

For the longest time there was an add for a 10 month old great dane puppy. i guess the dog got too big. Our shelter isn't all that great, at least from what i know. They don't do anything. It took them a month to pick up 2 strays around our and our neighbors house. They are pretty much animal control, if u can get them to come out. if they showed themselves more and werre quicker, people might start calling them instead of handeling it themselves(a bullet). they don't do cruelty cases either, and the facility itself is rather pathetic. I don't think it will change.

W

whatszmatter

Savethebulliebreeds, I think this pet population problem and deplorable breeding practices would have a better chance of change if you changed your siggy at the bottom to

"Please Spay or Neuter your Neighbor"

We'd defineatly cut down on the number of stupid people breeding.

Pookah

It's similiar here also...you wouldnt believe some of the breeds advertised in the papers here and the prices...and unfortunately there are many strays running around..hence the reason for my dawgpound...and animal control doesnt care...I called numerous times for the male that was running around our neighborhood...they didnt want to come because he was non aggressive..until a neighbor called and said he was mixed with pit then they came and took him away..but the shelters are awful here..thats why I still have the puppies from the 2 litters..the first litter was premature and only one puppy survived and at the time I only had one dog so I kept him...then when the stray dug under the fence and shorted out the electric fence:mad: ..along came the second litter and all survived..but i refused to take them to a shelter here..there is only one no kill shelter and it was full of hurricane katrina dogs and cats..and the other shelters informed me that because they were mixed with *dangerous* dog breeds they would be put down if brought in...I then asked their procedures and they informed me they only keep animals a max of 3 days and if they dog seems sick they put it down and if its hyper or mildly agrressive they are put down immediately...so we opted to try and find homes..but with so many dogs out there not many were looking for another pet...

bubbatd

I can't even read ads anymore .... I get sick !!! NO GOOD BREEDER NEEDS TO ADVERTISE !!!

elegy

overdogged
oh yeah, it's like that here, too. there've been more rare breeds lately, i've noticed. leonbergers, presas, etc. and nine trillion labs. labs labs labs. and then some more labs. and the puppy store with 39 breeds available and financing.

S

savethebulliedbreeds

The other day I went to a Petland to see if I could find some good quality bird food (yeah right) and they had Miniature Schnauzer puppies in there for $1000 and the were 3 months old and were all ready larger than a Miniature Schnauzer. Not only that but at 3 months old they had only had one set of vaccines!

S

savethebulliedbreeds

Savethebulliebreeds, I think this pet population problem and deplorable breeding practices would have a better chance of change if you changed your siggy at the bottom to

"Please Spay or Neuter your Neighbor"

We'd defineatly cut down on the number of stupid people breeding.
Thats a great idea, I should do that.

Would anyone be willing to make me a siggy?

P

Purdue#1

The other day I went to a Petland to see if I could find some good quality bird food (yeah right) and they had Miniature Schnauzer puppies in there for $1000 and the were 3 months old and were all ready larger than a Miniature Schnauzer. Not only that but at 3 months old they had only had one set of vaccines!

The nearest pet store is a half an hour away. they bring in dogs from the humane societies in Ky. Our shelter does nothing like that. They need to with all the cats and dogs they have.

P

Purdue#1

Here's some more:

1.Australian shepherd pups. Registered. Shots. Wormed. all colors.( My breeder)
2.australian shepherd registered pups, females and males. blue merels and black tris. $250-$300. Ready to go.
3. Beagle mix pups, 5 females, 2 males. Multi colors. Great with kids.FREE!
4. Bloodhound/lab mix puppies. wormed adorable. $50 cash.
5. Chihuahua pups for sale, registered, so cute and loveable, small size. Colors: fawn, black, also the rare color of blue- Ready to go!
6. Goldendoodles, 13 weeks, vet checked. shots. $1000.
7. miniature australian shepherd puppies, CKC. 5left out of 2 litters. was asking $400. Make offer.
8. minature schnauzers, reg. up to date on shots and worming Cheap!
9. peka-tzu puppies. males only shots, wormed, paper trained. can deliver.
10. pomeranian pups for sale, registered, so cute and fluffy. teddy bear faces, toy size. Ready to go.
11. puggle puppies, 7 weeks old, up to date on all shots. $300. we also take credit cards.
12. Puggles, 11 black and brown, shots and wormed. Very cute. $300 or best offer.
13. shiba inu pups. AKC, rare breed, guaranteed, champion bloodlines. Red $600.
14. yorkie poo pups, t-cup, 6 wks old, shots, wormed. $300.

There were more that i didn't put in because i had to type soooo much.:mad:

Note: No.1 is the breeder i got my dog from. I shall never get a dog from them. i shouldn't have in the first place. I hope that after i get the dogs registration, if i get my registration, i don't have to speek to them again.

Members online

No members online now.