Collie Mix- someone adopt himmmm

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
A friend of mine pulled this guy out of a shelter. I think he was about to be euthanized if I remember correctly. She is currently fostering him and trying to find him a good home... transportation can be arranged if needed.

info about him
Winston is a one year old beautiful Sable Collie mix who is looking for his forever family! He came from a high kill WV shelter and is now ready to live the good life. Winston is neutered, up to date on all shots, and is almost completely crate trained and housebroken.

Winston is one of the most affectionate dogs I've ever met and he loves to be either in your lap or nearby cuddling. He's always interested in participating in whatever's going on in the house. He would do best with another dog for companionship, but that is not an absolute requirement. He is a medium energy level dog but enjoys being active - dog park, hiking, jogging, etc. He does ok with cats -he likes to chase them but backs down easily when they hiss. He would also be great with children of any age. He loves playing tug, fetch and chasing and playing with other dogs.

Winston is doing great in learning his basic commands. He would enjoy going through an obedience class with his new family (helps with the bonding process) and I suspect he would also be a star at agility with his quick speed and his love to run and jump when playing with other dogs. Overall Winston is a smart and extremely sweet guy who just needs the right family to love him!

Winston will have an adoption fee for his safety. Email for an application today!
and more picssss

JacksonsMom

OMG, dang, he sounds amazing.... and he's so freakin' cute. I really wish I was in a position for another dog like, RIGHT now. lol.

How big-ish is he, do you know?

xpaeanx

He's adorable!!! Shrink his legs down a bit to dwarf size and I'd take him. :p

I hope he finds a great home, sounds like an awesome dog.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Ya he's still looking. I met up with my friend that is fostering him at the dog park the other day. She's is worried that no one... not a SINGLE person has inquired about him. :(

He is SUCH a cool dog btw. I have a bunch of photos from the dog park that I'm going to put up. He hit it off so well with Cricket and Joey... sooooo well in fact, that I sort of wish I wasn't at my limit with dogs right now... but I just can't do a 4th dog... not when I have so much I want to do with my current 3 as is.

~Tucker&Me~

I am shocked there has been no interest, he is such a cool looking dog. If he was in my area he would be snatched up in minutes...

misfitz

Ruddy Buttinski
Does he have an "adopt me" vest? That might help if he wears one to the dog park and around town. He is adorable!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
He's medium to medium-high energy from what I can tell. He is starting agility classes right now I think so we'll see how he does in class. My friend seems to think he would make a great agility dog. He's got great focus and while he is fast he is also pretty collected if that makes sense. He is also going to be instinct tested soon as well for herding possibility. That was supposed to happen this weekend, but may have to be next weekend.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Does he have an "adopt me" vest? That might help if he wears one to the dog park and around town. He is adorable!
this is a great idea. I think she is probably bringing him with us to the World of Pets Expo in MD so I'm going to mention to her the "adopt me" vest idea.

Aleron

I have a 4H family looking and he might be perfect for them. Do you think he could get to NE Ohio?

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I have a 4H family looking and he might be perfect for them. Do you think he could get to NE Ohio?
I think with as many rescue contacts that we know NE Ohio wouldn't be too hard to get him to. I'll shoot you a PM with my friend's email address. She can provide an application and even more info about him since she's the one that has been fostering him.

Members online

No members online now.