Have you already named your future dog?

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Afraid of those crazy name stealers?
Yes :p

I have names (either registered, call, or both) picked out for a future FCR, a Koolie, or a BC. Actually I have two FCR registered names -- one general, and one that would fit our probable litter theme in case we breed Mira and I keep a pup. One person on this forum knows one of those names and if she steals it I'm gonna be mad lol

The last time I told someone (not the forum person) a future name idea, she decided she is naming her next pup that (registered name) so now I am paranoid.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I have my future FCR boy call name picked out. It's perfect =)
Now I wanna know lol. And since I won't have any boy FCRs for at least the next 10-15 years there's no worry about me stealing it ;)

yoko

Now I wanna know lol. And since I won't have any boy FCRs for at least the next 10-15 years there's no worry about me stealing it ;)
It's a trap!

;p

I've got a couple names but not sure I'll use any of them. Depends if I keep with a theme.

So I guess my answer is maybe lol.

milos_mommy

I have probably at least 15-20 names picked out for future dogs. Some are breed specific, other more general. I'll share them.

Trillian
Trout
Cinncinatus C. "Cin"
Laska
Chelsea Dagger
Livingston
Ursula
Calcifer
Cowgirl
Julio
Banjara
Timequake

ETA: The only one I have with a call name attached in Cinncinatus, and the call name would be "Undefined Crime"

100000 points to anyone who gets the reference.

Maxy24

I have three named picked out for a male pit bull/mix
Colby
Cisco
Rambo

If I get anything else I don't know. I liked Beau for a while but I like it less now. I can never pick out female names (including for people), I literally can't find any that I really like. Maybe I'll go Greek...Antigone or something lol.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I've got a huge list including some with registered names that go with the call name. Several of them were mentioned when I was trying to name Payton LOL. And of course "Payton" wasn't the name I was thinking for my next dog, and before he came home I was thinking possibly "Cowboy" for him too.
And "Auggie" was not the name I originally had planned for him.

So while I've got a list of names and I know what I'd like the next dog to be, I'm not deluding myself to think the dog will 100% fit the name and it will work out that way, LOL.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
I need a registered name for a dog named Archer. You should probably watch an episode or two before you try ;)

Katem

I have a list of names I like floating around in my head, but like a lot of people said, it all depends on the dog. Right now my pets are named after other animals, so I'm tempted to keep that theme. It would work perfectly for a Koolie because I'm lame and would have to name him/her Roo. I like a few names from A Song of Ice and Fire for a Dobe. But, timing will have a lot to do with that. If I have any males in the house when I add one I'll end up getting a girl. If I ever found myself with two female Dobes they would be named Tegan and Sara.

The way things look right now, a Mastiff will more than likely be the next dog added. I made the mistake of telling my sister I was thinking of naming him Stitch. She now refers to future puppy only as "Stitch." Hopefully the name fits, because I have I feeling I'll have a hard time convincing her to call him anything else.

milos_mommy

I need a registered name for a dog named Archer. You should probably watch an episode or two before you try ;)
Codename Dutchess

or I'd probably try to come up with something about the anachronistic setting of the show, "Time Is An Illusion" or something like that

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I'm considering the name Berry for a black lab boy. Barry if it is a chocolate lab boy. LOL Other than that...I have names I like, but they never fit.

Members online