It's Worse then we Thought...

Argon's foot is broken. One of his little "hand bones" (not the toes, but I panicked and can't remember the name) is broken in half and actually seperated. Unfortunatly, he doesn't have enough bone left below the break to put in a pin, so we splinted it and are hoping for the best.

Now my precious baby is in a splint for three weeks, in terrible pain, all because some stupid redneck couldn't keep his dogs contained. I don't even want to think about what this is going to do for his DA issues, but I'm pretty sure we're starting back out at square one.

Poor, poor little mantis dog.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am so sorry for both of You. Mary's son Bronki broke that bone when he was a puppy, it was deep winter with lots of snow. Mom made a sleeve for his cast that I slipped over trying to keep it dry when he went out. It was no fun for anyone.

Healing vibes for Argon. I hope it heals well and causes him to pain in the future. That was what we had to do with Bronki only he wore his cast longer for some reason. We had to have it removed before it was time because he had really sweaty feet and it smelled like a sewer, I was afraid his foot was rotting. It was ok tho a few days afterward and he went on without any problem. I hope Argon can do the same.

elegy

overdogged
ugh. poor argon! i hope it heals up quickly.

it is so so so frustrating to work hard with a DA/reactive dog only to have it all undone by some rude, irresponsible person's dog :(

Argon is happily milking the situation for all he's worth. I sent him to daycare today (I work at the place, don't worry) so he wouldn't have to be crated all day alone. I took his bed and tied him to the desk, so he couldn't bother the customers, with strict instructions that if he acted up, he needed to go upstairs and be confined in a run.

He laid there in his bed in the lobby, making sure that every entering person saw his poor splinted leg. And if they didn't see it right away, he made sure he pushed it out further just so they could! Cue lots of pats, snuggles and 'poor little things', which he happily ate up. :rolleyes:

According to a coworker, all he needed was some Sarah McLaughlin playing in the background and a request for donations.

I spoke to the vet, and he told me that Argon can go for walks, so at least I won't have a stir crazy dog on my hands.

Members online