So, he nearly drowned.

S

Squishy22

Some of you might remember my thread where I pulled reggin into the river. He was not too thrilled about it much at all. In amazement, the other day, he willingly jumped into a pond/creek. All on his own. We threw a stick and he went for it without thinking twice.

The mud was very deep, and the water was only a few feet deep. His back feet reached the bottom of the pond. Apparently his feet were getting stuck while he was trying to swim. My fiance almost had to jump in to save him. Luckily, fighting to swim back to shore with all he had, he made it. I was very proud.

The set of pics are all different we took a trip into the woods. Unfortunately I did not know how to properly adjust my camera. It was dark and the pics blurred, A LOT. The picture quality is a lil poor.

Here he is. We wanted to see at what lengths he would go to fetch a stick. So we threw one, WAY up a steep hill.

Climbing.

He made it!

Snagging a branch. He will get up there and find a stick he wants. Not necessarily the one we threw.

MORE....

S

Squishy22

He leaped off this bridge into the water below. Not the area he nearly drowned in though.

Enjoying the water.

Struggling in the muddy pond.

Trying to keep his head above the water.

MORE...

S

Squishy22

Getting things under control.

My fiance getting ready to go in after him. He swam in one spot for a good while. Not making any progress.

There we go!

Maybe he'll think twice next time.

MORE...

S

Squishy22

Me and my boy. Wasnt going to post this. I was tired, sweaty, and icky.

Again.

We decided to catch a snake.

MORE...

S

Squishy22

And reggin wanted to play with him.

So funny. We threw the snake in a bush so reggin couldnt kill him. Well, reggin also jumped right into the bush. My fiance and I went back to catch more snakes. A good 30 minutes later, he is STILL in that stupid bush looking for that d@mn snake.

What a goof. Seeing how much drive he has, I'm sure he'd make a good hunting dog!

S

Squishy22

MODS, can you please move this thread to the picture section. Its late and I am an idiot. Posted in the WRONG forum. Go me. :rolleyes::eek:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Looks like a wonderful outing. Gotta watch that mud, it can be dangerous!

bubbatd

Great shots , but I hate to see a dog struggling to swim . Maybe because I panic myself at times ! Almost drowned too many times !

S

Squishy22

I was a little worried when I realized that he was struggling. I honestly did not think he would jump in. He normally HATES the water. He does a lot of acting before thinking :rolleyes:. My fiance was quite ready to jump in after him, but I knew Reggin had it in him to get through the mud. :)

Members online

No members online now.