Update on Brandi

Kevin45

Devout animal lover
She is doing Great!!!!! After we got her to the kennel on Saturday she was doing so so. We went to see her Sunday and she seemed to be in a little better spirits. Monday came and we went to see her and talked to the vet and he said she had some slight improvement. Tuesday, when we went to visit the girl told us that she was cleaning Brandis run, and when she turned around Brandi was in the aisleway. Today when we went, Brandi stood up and walked a short distance, WhooHoo!!!!!!! It's going to be a long process, but even the vet says she is doing remarkable. We just can't wait until she gets to come home. The TPLO surgery turned out real well as that seems to be the leg that she can stand on already. Her other leg that had the ligament surgery looks good but it will take a little longer before she can use it. And in a couple of weeks all of the staples come out. Good for her because of the way she is acting they are starting to pull and cause her some slight problems. But all looks well. I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out how to do it again. The poor girl has her whole rear shaved practictaly.; :( Due time, due time.

Kevin

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh, Brandi, we love you! Kevin, my vet had me take a washcloth moistened with warm water and put it on the stapled area to keep it moist. The vet said it would make taking the staples out easier and also help it from drying out so much which would cause the dog to want to scratch it. Maybe you could ask you vet about this.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Horaay for Brandi and Horaaay for you! She is a lucky lucky dog to have an owner that cares so much...and can financially do everything that is needed for her!

Kevin45

Devout animal lover
Just to let all know...Brandi is doing better everyday. Although when we went yesterday she did slip and fall onto one side. She did not act like it bothered her though. Just about made me and the wife sick though. I do have to speak in favor of the TPLO surgery vs. the conventional surgery. On the leg she had the TPLO done she acts like nothing has happened and she is due to get the staples out either Tues. or Wed. on that leg. On the leg she had the convetional surgery done it is coming along a lot slower although it is coming along. She is favoring that leg as it bothers her a little more. That is also the legs that gave out on her when she slipped and fell. The vet thinks she is doing great, which makes us feel real good. We sure do miss her at home as her sister does to. She has been at the kennel for two weeks and if all goes well she comes home in another two. We go and see her every night and I never have heard a dog squeal like she does when she sees us. The really sad thing is that when we are not there she has to wear the satellite dish on her head to keep from licking her wounds. It make us feel real bad with the pitiful look on her face when we have to leave and put it back on. But the good thing is, she is getting better everyday and will be home shortly. So I just wanted to let everyone know and I will keep you updated. Sorry it took me so long to get back but it seems like we have had a ton of irons in the fire this last week. Take care and give your pets a hug and a scratch behibd the ear for me.

Kevin

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am happy Brandi has people that love her so....you take such good care of her emotionally as well as phsyically. Glad that all is going the way it is suppose to. How much weight has she lost so far?

Barb04

Super Moderator
So glad to hear that Brandi is improving. She's in my thoughts for a speedy, healthy recovery. I've never heard of the cone called a satellite dish, but maybe by calling it that she gets good reception and can hear you at home. I feel for you not being able to take her home yet, but there is comfort in knowing how well she is being cared for. Please keep updating up. Brandi's a member of our family.

Members online