Contracts

Mach1girl

JUST IN CASE... I am having contracts drawn up for the sale of possible puppies. I have been told that no matter what the contract contains, NOTHING about/in an animal contract will ever hold up in court. Have any of you heard this? Just for the sake of making me feel better, I have placed this assignment on my attorney anyway!

I need to know, since I did not have a contract w/ the purchase of my dog, out of your experience, what should be included in these contracts? Of course I will take the advice of my att on his experience and other related court issues, but in the case he leaves something out or is not aware of something important. What is impressive in a GOOD contract? These pups will not go to homes that I do not see fit. All pups will be altered before selling IF owners cannot prove they are going to show/work them.(I no I can be lied to, but history checks can do wonders, like if they have other dogs they show/work that are titled, etc) And I want to be able to take the dog back if any bad scenerios happen. I may possibly keep them all!

Please give me some input, a I am researching as well, and so is council, we outta have a HUGE contract by the time we are done!

R

RedyreRottweilers

If the contract is LEGAL, it will stand up in court. I know of NUMEROUS cases where breeders have been awarded in court, repossessed dogs, been awarded damages named in their contract, etc.

I do not recommend placing any dog without a signed legal contract, but ESPECIALLY dogs such as Rottweilers and other breeds who need a certain type of upbringing and absolute confinement for safety reasons.

If you like mine are viewable off my website, both companion and show prospect.

You may feel free to use any or all or any part of either contract if you wish.

Mach1girl

Had a little set back w/ the health and kinda post poned some things, but back on track now!

Thanks, I wil look at your site.

Members online

No members online now.