Geeking Out

SpringerLover

How many of you know and/or have kept in contact with your dogs' littermates or other relatives?

Lauren and I were talking about this today as we drove around and I'm such a nerd that I want to collect Buzz's siblings. A dog I swear was his littermate brother showed up on the local ESRA rescue page and I tried to get him but the owners never emailed me back. :(

I've kept in contact with two of Bailey's half sisters but no full siblings, and I don't talk to her breeder anymore. Bailey's oldest half sister we kept in contact with died just a couple months ago. :( She was 16 years old! Her other half sister is younger and still doing competitive obedience and agility!

I do know that none of their littermates were ever shown in AKC events, because I geek out on things like that and can figure it out... :)

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Not so much contact (I do know a few of Sloans half and full from a repeat litter siblings) but I do like to track them on Pedigreedatabase.com. I look at their titlings and see if they're being bred, etc.

Backup has a sister I totally geek out on.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I know of a few of Mia's siblings and follow them on her breeder's website. I've seen pics and gotten a message from her only littermate's owner also.

I haven't seen Summer's littermates except for as pups. The other two were pet quality. Of course I keep track of Summer's little half sister though (who happens to be the same as Beau's little half sister). That's the nice thing about having siblings. ;)

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
I'm pretty good friends with Rage's breeders, so I keep up on the majority of her family (as they owned both the sire and dam of her litter), and I know the owner of one of Liz's full sisters, so I keep up with her a bit. I knew where one of her other full sisters was, but sadly she died in the last few years :( when he got started selling off most of his dogs, I actually called to see if I could get my hands on Angel, and that's when he told me the bad news...

I'd keep up with Daisy's breeders, but they're friends of my ex, so I have no way of getting their contact info but to go through him, which I can't do... heh.

Traveler's sister and brother from his litter I've not been able to keep up with. I got one picture of his sister when she was about 5-6 months and that's it. BUT the repeat breeding of his parents I'm friends with four of the people that got puppies so I've been able to watch them grow up and it's been great.

Kaylee's littermates owner actually joined chaz around the same time I did when he got Kaylee's brother (Completely and utterly by chance might I add). I kept in contact with him for a little bit but haven't kept up with it.

And Didgie....well Hi Sara and Zinga!

Saeleofu

I don't know anything about Gavorche's past or relatives.

I know about Logan's parents and his sister Gala (I love her to bits!), and then there's a couple half siblings I know the whereabouts of. I also know someone else that has a young collie that is fairly closely related to Logan, but from a different breeder (I want to say they're cousins or something, but I always forget).

I would snatch up one of Logan's nieces in a heartbeat <3

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Going by AKC registrations, I know the schnauzers and poodles have littermates somewhere out there. Tsuki has a sister, just by name alone I think is at another mill.

Charlie was transferred up from down south and was in at least a litter of 3, there was a brown pup with them though the other two pups were spotted like Charlie. I'm always halfway tempted to post an ad on CL and see if anyone local adopted her littermates.

elegy

overdogged
I only keep track of one of Steve's littermates, but I see half-sibs, aunts, uncles, and more distant relatives all the time.

I am excited because I will get to see three of Bean's littermates on a regular basis. One is staying with the breeder, one is going to a friend of mine from a local training club, and another is going to someone who runs on another flyball team in our region.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I'm friends on fb with Aeri's littermates' owners and I talk regularly with her breeder. :)

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
In Watson's case we are friendly with his breeder and get to see some of his family at least a couple of times a year. We went hiking with Laura (the breeder) just a couple of days ago and I got to visit with his dam Amy and brother Hooligan.

In Menchi's case I send her breeder updates and am in touch that way. We are also friendly with the couple that has one of her litter sisters and exchange emails and gifts for the girls with them (they live in Seattle). I met them by chance on the Shar Pei forum after we got Menchi :)

SaraB

Classic's littermates fell off the face of the planet. So no contact there.

Zuma doesn't have siblings because she's actually an alien from another planet sent here to rule the world.

Zinga has a sibling here in the states but I try not to contact her owner too much as I don't want her realizing the full extent of my dog geekiness... oh wait, she's a bigger dog geek than I am. Nevermind.

M

MyHorseMyRules

Actual littermates, I only keep in touch with one, a lady that owns Boone's brother, Samson.

I'm also friends with someone who has a half-sibling. And all six of the 'houlas on my SAR team are from the same breeder, so they're all cousins of a sort. lol

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy

Zuma doesn't have siblings because she's actually an alien from another planet sent here to rule the world.
Bwahahahahaha I love Zuma.

we have said before it's very possible Sloan slaughtered her own littermates in an early game of battle royale.... (but I still follow 4 of them online :p)

Bailey08

I would love to find and steal all the Bailey littermates. Or at least keep up with them. :)

I actually find Grace's relatives to be intimidating. LOL. Anyway, her breeder does a good job of keeping track of everyone and there are a lot of communications among the owners. We're going to a reunion/field workshop this weekend and Grace will get to see her mom (and grandma, who I adore) and several of her littermates. It'll be interesting to see if they appear to remember each other.

Lyzelle

I met Dante's sister. She was put down due to liability not long after that though. She was pretty crazy, and not in the good way.

I've stalked Macie's family online...pretty easy to find since she's from a puppymill. Plenty of stories online.

Never been able to find Zander or Gustav siblings. The girls were bottle fosters out of six. I don't know if the other four ever survived or anything. It would be super interesting to see how they turned out though.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Like I said when Megan and I were talking yesterday, I want to know if Frodo was the only dog like him produced in his litter.
So far the information that I have is:

-Sire now lives in Minnesota, I've asked to meet him and been told no.
-Never met Dam, "breeder" had aunt out with them when I met them (uh, hello you moronic 16 year old, red flag is smacking you in the face!)
-None of his siblings are in any of the databases that Megan helped me check.
-I had his littermate Izzy for 3 years, she could be stressy sometimes and didn't much care for other dogs (but was able to be in class off-leash around other strange dogs as long as she had work to focus on). She LOVED every person she ever met, definitely wasn't a "Frodo".

So I *want* to geek out, but I can't :p

Toller_08

I run into a lot of Ripley and Keira's siblings and other relatives at their breeder's house when we visit. Usually other people are there too with their dogs. Just this past Saturday we saw four of Keira's littermates (one brother, three sisters) and two of Ripley's littermates (two brothers). And Ripley and Keira are full siblings too (repeat breeding), so all of the other littermates we run into regularly are full siblings to both of them. But I tend to differentiate between the two litters and half the time forget that my two are siblings. The second litter, eventhough it's a repeat breeding, is so much different than the first litter for some reason. Temperamentally I suppose they're all similar, but all in all, the repeat litter is better looking. I've seen all of their littermates at one time or another though with the exception of two (one doesn't visit often and the other lives elsewhere). I used to see both their sire and dam a lot as well but both have died now unfortunately.

And I don't know any of Dance's siblings. I met one sister and her dam, but aside from that, nobody else. Dance is also out of a repeat breeding though and I've seen one of the females from the first litter from a distance, and I've heard a lot about her, but I've never actually met her. I did meet an older brother from that litter, though. But I wish I knew her actual littermates. I wonder what they're like temperamentally and also wonder what they grew up to look like. The one sister I did meet is nothing like Dance at all. But I don't really hang out with Dance's breeder much and haven't seen her or talked to her really in a couple of years. I did ask if she ever heard from Dance's siblings but it sounded like she hadn't.

SpringerLover

I would love to find and steal all the Bailey littermates. Or at least keep up with them. :)

I actually find Grace's relatives to be intimidating. LOL. Anyway, her breeder does a good job of keeping track of everyone and there are a lot of communications among the owners. We're going to a reunion/field workshop this weekend and Grace will get to see her mom (and grandma, who I adore) and several of her littermates. It'll be interesting to see if they appear to remember each other.
Do you, by chance, have a Gaylan's puppy?!

Members online

No members online now.