Catnapper in neighbourhood

Apollonaro

Earlier this week, one of our feline friends "Atlas" Got out of the house. Normally when they get out they just stay and lounge on the step, same with his brother "Zeus" But not last Monday! Zeus came in fine, but Atlas didn't. He was gone! It took us all a little bit aback considering he never does that. We waited for a day and a half to see if he'd come back but he didn't so we created some fliers called local vets and animal shelters and asked them if they'd had anyone bring in a stray cat. And they said no, and said there was a 2% chance we'd ever see him again. Another person around the little suburb we live in called the number on the flier and pointed out that she too ALSO lost her cat from her back yard on the same day. They were both gone until Thursday night/friday morning. I leave my window open at night, the cool breeze keeps the moisture out and also keeps us cool. I heard a frantic meowing at my window, frustrated i thought that Zeus had gotten into the basement and sat up to go retrieve him and put him upstairs, then i saw a figure scurry infront of the window and i jumped saying out loud "What the hell! Atlas is back!" And i ran to the window and called his name, and his meowing got more frantic then ever. I ran upstairs, opened the door and he ran in. His collar was broken, and he was starving to death. He ate his entire bowl of food then kicked his brother out of the way to eat his as well! I heard him at 2am in the morning. Today the girl that also lost her cat said her's came home at 4am this morning. Im curious, a little bit angry and scared that somebody is out there kidnapping cats and doing god knows what to them. Luckily enough he seems okay, there aren't any scratches. But the girl said her cat was now deathly afraid of going outside. I wonderwhat happened :confused:

That is strange! Cats bear the brunt of human cruelty.

My Gonzo, the Big Blue who lived with me for many years, spent the day, while I was at work, outside. We lived in an apartment at the time, and he had a couple of friends he visited with. One was a guy who worked nights, and he told me Gonzo came to see him every day at about 1:00 in the afternoon, sat on the couch and watched "The Young and the Restless" and shared his breakfast.

Gonzo was always sitting at my front door when I came home and ran out to meet me as soon as I turned the off the car motor. One day I came home - no Gonzo. He didn't show up for three days; Soap Opera Guy came to see if he was all right, the couple next door (he spent the morning with the wife - she was pregnant, and he'd lay next to her burgeoning belly and purr) were worried, and I was beside myself.

Three days later he showed up. His collar was gone, a flea collar was on him (he was HORRIBLY allergic to them) and he absolutely refused to go outside anymore. He didn't appear to be hurt or abused in any way, but he sure didn't want to take any chances again!
I'm glad your cat and your neighbor's cat are okay. It's a shame that they're afraid now, but at least they won't be going out where they are in danger anymore. It's just not a safe world for cats outdoors anymore.

Apollonaro

They just better hope that i don't find them. or catch them red-handed. I'd like to attatch a mini-cam to atlas's new collar and send him back out again, then find out where this person is and call the police. It's not a safe neighbourhood i know that, but it just bugs me... Some people have way to much nerve

Members online

No members online now.