Taking Little Dogs Awy from Old Ladies

bubbatd

What I don't understand, did she move in with the dog and they now are changing their minds ?? I doubt if they can make an exception , unfortunately , but why did she move there if she knew there were no pets allowed. Maybe because of her illness she can't take care of the poor baby and it's causing a problem. I wish we knew the whole story.....it's sad !!! That's why Grammy doesn't want to be re-homed !!

yoko

my friends grandma got a note from her doctor saying it might help her mental health if she had a dog for a companion and the apartment she was in bended the rules for her.

bubbatd

I do know there are 2 nursing homes in Indiana that accept pets.... I think it's part of " ARk " ... bet they're pricey though . If you can't feed or walk your dog it's really extra help .

Barb04

Super Moderator
Grammy, if you ever need to be rehomed, I'll take you in with any pets you want to bring.

Giny

Oh my, that's such a heartbreaking story. I hope she gets to keep her little dog. :(

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I want to know the same things as bubbatd. Did she get the dog after moving in knowing of the policy? or did she have the dog before she moved in? And is this dog a puppy and who is going to take care of it when she dies? <<<< I wish more people would think of that one.

I don't think the rules should be bent for her. It just seems wrong to make an acception because she is old and ill especially if she moved in with the dog knowing the rules or if she bought the dog after moving in and knew the rules.

dont they use dogs to cheer older and sick people up, happiness helps people and as long as the dog has somewere to go when the lady has passed away then i dont see anything wrong with it. i think the lady should have that dog.

Snark

Mutts to you
I wish they had posted more info. If the rule went into effect after she was there with her dog, I don't think she should have to get rid of it and there may be a 'grandfather' clause that allows her to keep that dog but not replace it if something happens to it.
If she moved in knowing no pets were allowed, why not find a place that does allows them? Isn't it easier to find places that allow small dogs rather than big ones?
My great aunt was in a nursing home in the Alzheimer's Unit and they had a dog that lived there, too, to keep the residents company. We always brought our dogs to visit my aunt - she didn't always remember us, but she always remembered the dogs!

Members online

No members online now.