Dog going to be shot tomorrow

Well I have just got back from the local pup, a bloke (Joe) who knows we have Jacks asked hubby if he wanted another one, hubby said not at the mo why, and Joe said oh well I will have to shoot it tomorrow then, so hubby told me and I went and spoke to Joe, the dog is 11 months old and a farmer bred him, Joe said he breeds too many and couldn't get rid of this one, now hes had it for so long he wants it shot, or he wants £120 for it, I asked Joe if he could pretend he had shot it and give him to me, Joe said no because the bloke would want it done in from of him (sick!!) So Joe said he would see the bloke tomorrow and say he has found a home for it, and see what the guy says, I said surly if he was going to kill him he would take less, Joe said nope all or nothing! Hubby thinks this is a ploy to get him sold, what do you think? How can I take the risk that this little chap wont be shot? I am prepared to buy him and try to re-home him, I really cant afford it at the mo, but needs must and all that. I asked Joe to take my number and call me when the chap turns up with it, but he said no I will see you in the pub, so it looks like I will be going to the pup tomorrow night to see what the bloke said, Joe said if he tells the bloke that he has a home the bloke might say he wants it shot anyway but Joe will try to work around it, I don't really like Joe he has old fashioned ways and thinks its OK to shoot a dog even his own if they are ill, or suffering, but he said he doesn't really want to shoot a healthy dog, even though Joe thinks all jacks should be drowned at birth.

So what do i do? Is this a ploy to sell him? HELP

joce

I wouldn't blame you for getting the pup but I bet he will jsut come up with another dog:(

filarotten

Fila the love
OMG, what a jerk person to want to shoot a dog just because. I don't know if it is a ploy or not but, gee I would probably have to get the dog.

mojozen

bullie lover
It sounds to me like this is a ruse. Are you known to be the kind hearted jack lady? I'm sure that this scenario will play out again in the future if you take the dog... but you can't not take the dog... and it just sucks all around. If you are meeting at a public pub tomorrow.. i would ask to meet the original guy and see if you can't bargain the price down with HIM. INstead of whoever this middleman is...

Or else you might want to ask the middleman how much he's getting from the sale of the dog?

Thanks guys, i agree i cant not take the doh, I just have to wait untill tomorrow eve and see what Joe says, I wish i could take them all but I cant, I hopefully will get the dog and then I can look into telling the R.S.P.C.A about them

bonster

Disappointed :(
Hmmm... I think mojozen has it....

Joe is the "middle man" here, right?

Joe said if he tells the bloke that he has a home the bloke (breeder,farmer) might say he wants it shot anyway but Joe will try to work around it .. for the dog or for the 120 ???

if I were you I would offer to go to the farmer and collect/ pay directly - that should show you what Joe is up to.

To me from what you've written it doesn't really add up - any money would be better than none for him.

if Joe "thinks all jacks should be drowned at birth" why is he trying to 'help' here? If the farmer is a breeder would he really want to shoot the dog?

Is this Joe local/known to you? If you give him money will you see him again or any dog?

:(

bonster

You could also mention to the police you have heard he shoots healthy animals - cruetly charges? and firearms licence check?

thanks yes I will check all that on Mon, Joe said he would bring the dog to me if the farmer brought him to Joe, and I wouldnt give any money over without a dog here and a receipt

bonster

Hmmm still very dubious maybe I'm being too suspicious but I would get a receipt, see photo ID etc if you do go ahead, have a microchip check made if you can.... how would you know this "middle man" hadn't just stolen a dog of that age/breed and the story was a load of BS :rolleyes: ...!?

bonster said:
Hmmm still very dubious maybe I'm being too suspicious but I would get a receipt, see photo ID etc if you do go ahead, have a microchip check made if you can.... how would you know this "middle man" hadn't just stolen a dog of that age/breed and the story was a load of BS :rolleyes: ...!?
Saldy I dont, oooh this is soo hard

Fran27

I think it's a ruse also. Tell him you'll give him 50 - if he's really going to shoot the pup and he's not stupid, he will sell him for 50. If he refuses, he's just trying to make money out of the dog and I highly doubt he will shoot him. I would definitely look around to see if any Jacks has been stolen lately though.

Yep i am going to the pup tonight to see what happens, i will say I will take the dog but only for free or very cheep and see what happens, i had decided to hand over a cheque so I can get the dog checked for a chip before the cheque clears, if the dog was stolen I would cancel the cheque

Squealer

Renee750il said:
I don't know what to tell you :eek: It sounds absolutely despicable and absolutely like extortion, but there are jackals out there who WOULD shoot a pup out of spite.
What a monster~!

Members online

No members online now.