The Venting Thread

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
#)*&$)@$ My idiot ******* sister. %*(@#&$ :madgo:

In short: idiot ******* sister lets her 1 year old intact, in heat, unvaccinated dog run loose around the countryside unsupervised, because she is an outdoor dog that lives in a kennel and my sister is too lazy, stupid, and irresponsible to a.) exercise the dog, b.) train the dog, and c.) supervise the dog on the property for playtime, said exercise, and said training. 1 year old intact, in heat, unvaccinated female then travels over a mile away, ON THE HIGHWAY, to a neighbor's property and promptly kills their rooster and three of their kittens.

1.) I'm shocked the dog didn't get shot.
2.) Only because the neighbors like and have good relations with my parents did they probably not completely flip a **** and
3.) Now there is a question of whether or not the dog is to be euthanized.

And my sister doesn't see what she, herself, has done wrong and how completely and totally irre-****ing-responsible it is to let your intact, in heat, unvaccinated stock killing dog run loose in the freaking COUNTRYSIDE that isn't so rural there aren't neighbors, but is rural enough that people have FREE RANGE STOCK, guns, and big ass LGDs that eat coyotes for breakfast.

I need a drink. How am I related to this person. Seriously. How.

Sad thing is, Miya is a good dog. She's sweet and friendly and would have done so well in a normal home. My sister also has an intact male GSDx pup that is also allowed to roam at large and just adopted an intact female GSD/Collie mix adolescent who is ALSO allowed to roam at large. When they gang up on a neighbor's goats I'm sure things will go just as well for them.

That just fan-freaking-tastic.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Not that I don't like my job, because I do, but... I want to work somewhere that I'm not anxious about going all day before I work, or I can only ever get half asleep at night (if I can sleep at all).

I also really wish that my current job was "real" enough for my family. Or that they didn't hate me for working there (I have no idea why they hate my job so much, I work at a pretty good nursing home) and give me so much crap about it.

But I like my job, and I like most of the people there and I care a lot about my residents.

It's just really frustrating.

Snark

Mutts to you
Not that I don't like my job, because I do, but... I want to work somewhere that I'm not anxious about going all day before I work, or I can only ever get half asleep at night (if I can sleep at all).

I also really wish that my current job was "real" enough for my family. Or that they didn't hate me for working there (I have no idea why they hate my job so much, I work at a pretty good nursing home) and give me so much crap about it.

But I like my job, and I like most of the people there and I care a lot about my residents.

It's just really frustrating.
Sorry your family doesn't get it. My great aunt was in a nursing home and, iMHO, good personnel are worth their weight in gold. It was one of the women working in my aunt's unit who caught the mild stroke she started to have and got her transferred immediately to the hospital. It does make a big difference for the families of patients to know their relatives are cared for and cared about. Kudos to you!

Why must Prairie Dogs be illegal to bring / own in Wisconsin? Was getting all excited to get one, then as I kept looking into them learned this. Seems like those who do own them in the state doing it being sneaky. Sadface. :(

Got in a huge fight with my mom today.

Because I didn't want to drive all the way out to the effing airport with her to pick someone else up. WTF??

RD

Are you dead yet?
I broke up with lucky a couple days ago for a multitude of reasons.

He shot himself in the head that night

He lived, bullet entered through his jaw and went out through his forehead. Broke most of the bones in his face but somehow avoided his brain and he still has his vision.

I'm reeling. I keep going back to the apartment to clean it up but I can't stay there for very long.

I keep thinking everything that has happened is my limit for stress or sadness and then something like this happens and trivializes everything else.

He left me a note. He did this because of me. he's in the hospital in Cleveland and doesn't want to see anyone. I dint think it'd be good for him to see me.

So. So sad. I cant even vent.

He lived, bullet entered through his jaw and went out through his forehead. Broke most of the bones in his face but somehow avoided his brain and he still has his vision.

I'm reeling. I keep going back to the apartment to clean it up but I can't stay there for very long.

I keep thinking everything that has happened is my limit for stress or sadness and then something like this happens and trivializes everything else.

He left me a note. He did this because of me. he's in the hospital in Cleveland and doesn't want to see anyone. I dint think it'd be good for him to see me.

RD, I'm so, so sorry. ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

GipsyQueen

Oh my god - I'm so so so sorry. (((HUGS))) - I don't even know what to say, except that dispite what he may have written on the note, it's NOT your fault.

Snark

Mutts to you

How horrible! I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but it was also incredibly selfish on his part. It's NOT your fault, that was HIS decision and IMO sounds like he did it to hurt you as much as possible. Do you have the funds to have the apartment professionally cleaned? I am so sorry you're going through this. (((((hugs)))))

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat

((((HUGS)))) I am so sorry. It's not your fault regardless of what his note says.

FG167

I don't have anything useful to say/add. Only, I'll keep you in my thoughts. What a horrible thing to go through.. I'm so sorry. Also, not your fault.

Wow, like others have said, definitely not your fault. But still is very sad, I am sorry you have to go through this. If you need to vent, you can. Again, I am sorry.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word

Oh my god, I'm so so so so sorry. My condolences. What a terrible situation to experience. I'll be thinking of you, and praying for you.

It isn't your fault, even if that's what the note said. You weren't the cause of why he tried to take his life. It's very possible that he was dealing with some other turmoil, but you just weren't aware of it(and, that isn't your fault either. At all.).

I don't really know what else to say..

joce

RD
That is in no way your fault. You can not control other people. Only yourself. You have not been happy there a long time. I am thinking of you.

Holy cow, that is so horrible. I'm so sorry.

Echoing others that this is NOT your fault. Suicide attempts aren't about one thing that happened, they are about mental illness and/or emotional manipulation/ control/ blackmail. Don't let it work.

amberdyan

I am SO so sorry. : (

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
RD
That is in no way your fault. You can not control other people. Only yourself. You have not been happy there a long time. I am thinking of you.
All I do anymore is lurk, but this pretty much sums up what I wanted to say. ((hugs))

teacuptiger

floor dancer

It's not your fault. I've been through similar stuff with an ex/best friend, so I understand what you're going through. I'm not good with words anymore, but please don't guilt yourself over his actions. His actions were his own.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I really wish that people weren't so confusing. Like, one second you're acting nice and ****, the next you're trying to start a screaming match with me because you think I'm a failure.

Newsflash, failure is an option. But I'm not a failure if I keep trying.

I'm not a failure, so stop trying to convince me that I am just because I'm not a carbon copy of your favorite child.

Members online