Labradoodle Anyone?

Rubylove

Training the Trainer
Doberluv, you know I love you, and now I love you even more!

People who consistently lump Labradoodles in the same box as all the other doodle F1 crosses make me want to scream. The purpose for Labradoodles existence is clearcut and completely viable. If anyone bothered to read their history they would know this. Unfortunately the cross was SO successful and produced such a beautiful result that it became extremely popular, and then sparked the whole doodle craze, which makes me sick to my stomach.

All I can say is that there are 40 people out there who are soon going to know the joy of having a Labradoodle in their lives. There is no dog like them - I'm not saying they are better than any other dog - just unlike any other breed I know.

Oh, and if you happen to live in Australia, where they are a recognised breed, and where the breed originally started, then you get even better examples of this wonderful dog.

I hate all the BYBs and puppy millers who took on this lovely cross and made it a money-making game. It is such a shame and has created years of heartache for those of us who have Labradoodles and believe wholeheartedly in the betterment of the breed and the ultimate recognition of the breed.

Dr2Little - that baby of yours! OMG!! What a little honey and just like my Chester man as a pup, although with Ruby's face!! :D I can only imagine the kind of joy and antics you get from a baby with such mischief and pure innocent sweetness in it's face. Awwww...... :p

squirtsmom

My nine month old daughter has Down's Syndrome, and while that is not what this post is about, I find it so discouraging that someone on this forum would post that. I came here because people seemed to be sensitive and caring. Thanks alot.:mad:

My nine month old daughter has Down's Syndrome, and while that is not what this post is about, I find it so discouraging that someone on this forum would post that. I came here because people seemed to be sensitive and caring. Thanks alot.:mad:
Please stay squirtsmom. Comments like that are not typical here on Chaz. The rest of us are pretty much polar opposite to what that awful comment suggested.:(

showpug

You are right, that is discouraging and very rude. The good thing is, is that the majority of us are sensitive and caring. I am sure your daughter is beautiful and a huge blessing in your life. Some people can be very cold and I am sorry for that.

bubbatd

Welcome to Holland ,Squirt !!!( Have you read that ? ) Wish I'd known this before !! I happen to have my Buddy Walk shirt on today ..Seems like yesterday our Nash was 9 months old !! Please , please Google my daughter's blog ... Mauzy's Musings ...so much support there !!!! We were blessed with over 500 babies to adults with DOWN SYNDROME this year !! Even Mom's with babes in vitro who have been diagnosed . Please pm me if you need a Grammy of a wonderful boy , who happens to hav DS !! (( Hugs )).

Doberluv

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doberluv, you know I love you, and now I love you even more!

People who consistently lump Labradoodles in the same box as all the other doodle F1 crosses make me want to scream. The purpose for Labradoodles existence is clearcut and completely viable. If anyone bothered to read their history they would know this. Unfortunately the cross was SO successful and produced such a beautiful result that it became extremely popular, and then sparked the whole doodle craze, which makes me sick to my stomach.

All I can say is that there are 40 people out there who are soon going to know the joy of having a Labradoodle in their lives. There is no dog like them - I'm not saying they are better than any other dog - just unlike any other breed I know.

Oh, and if you happen to live in Australia, where they are a recognised breed, and where the breed originally started, then you get even better examples of this wonderful dog.

I hate all the BYBs and puppy millers who took on this lovely cross and made it a money-making game. It is such a shame and has created years of heartache for those of us who have Labradoodles and believe wholeheartedly in the betterment of the breed and the ultimate recognition of the breed.

Dr2Little - that baby of yours! OMG!! What a little honey and just like my Chester man as a pup, although with Ruby's face!! I can only imagine the kind of joy and antics you get from a baby with such mischief and pure innocent sweetness in it's face. Awwww......

Chester and Ruby

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
LOL Rubylove. Well??????How could anyone look at those faces and not see a huge cuteness factor? That is a scientific phenomenon (and term) and most, if not all mammals recognize and are drawn to the cuteness factor. (it's a survival thing) And when you peer beneath those dark eyes, beyond the cuteness factor, when you delve into the depths of those pools....Viola! You see the deep look, the thoughtful and intelligent look. LOL. Seriously, your little dumplings are adorable too. Do you have more pictures?

Grammy,

(((hugs))))

and a (((hug))) for your little dumpling.

Doberluv, Rubylove...and everyone else who said such nice things about Sophie....thank you all, I love her so much.:)

I wanted to be clear about how I feel about BYB's and puppymills producing
F1 doodles (like Ruby referred to) for $$$. I'm as against it as any other educated dog lover and in no way support this practice. I volunteer for a site dedicated to these mixes and it saddens me to see them in this position.
That's the reason that I researched and knew Sophie's breeder for 2 years (in Australia) before deciding to take the plunge. It was the best decision that I ever made....:)

Ruby....Echo Doberluv, we need more pictures please..:D

Doberluv

Doberluv, Rubylove...and everyone else who said such nice things about Sophie....thank you all, I love her so much.
You're welcome. It's easy to say. I can see how you love her in your picture and in all you write.

What does it mean, F1 doodles?

bubbatd

Thanks Dober !!! You have no idea what joy and appreciation of life Nash has brought into our lives. As Chaz has broadened my appreciation of all breeds , Nash has broadened my appreciation of all special babies given to special parents . Yup !! I WAS a snob many years ago ... who would want a cur !! Who could love a disabled child ! Boy , how I've learned in the last 50 years !! Luckily my dogs through TDI taught me that every being has a reason . Well , I knew before Chaz , that every dog is special , but it sure has been re affirmed here .

~Tucker&Me~

Doberluv,
I believe it means a breeding between a poodle and a lab (first generation), as opposed to breeding Labradoodle to labradoodle :).

~Tucker

bubbatd

Yes ... we've gone through this many times . Australian Labradoodles are nearing acceptance ..... several generations of breeding and a standard . Unfortunately the interest here is BYB or mills .... leading to the 40 at the HS. If I took the mixture of what ended up being a Golden Retriever and bred them could I call them a Golden ? Of course not ! Unfortunately , the next 10 years will be interesting . There are so many " designer breeds " .... and those trying to establish a new recognized breed . With each one , the puupy mills and the BYBs will fill the HS . Let's face it folks ... more families have dogs rather than kids today . What happens down the road ?! With divorce approaching 50 % .... most of the kids are spit in half and the dogs go to new homes . Sorry , it sickens me !

BSan

Squirts mom, sorry that you had to read such an insensitive comment. (((((Hugs))))) to you. Bubba, Nash's face is priceless. I love the video. What a sweet boy, and what love for him just shines from his parents faces. Though the uncalled for remark earlier, I really appreciate seeing how the people on this thread just rallied around the ones rightly offended , and such nice, kind things shared, about Nash, about dr. and Sophie, and ruby and her pups. I am new to this site, and I must say I was a bit discouraged when I first arrived, with alot of insensitive comments, and rudely presented opinions. Thanks all, and Dober too, for showing another side to Chaz. I have a goldendoodle, now 11 mths old. We are absolutely taken by him (Herbie). He is an amazing puppy, and we adore him. The combo of the qualities of the golden retreiver, and the standard poodle, have brought together such a wonderful combination, that we love! He is the most affectionate, easy to train dog that we have ever had. Herbie's picture at 9 mths old is in my profile. if you want to see what he looks like. His father was a silver standard, so he was black and has been turning charcoal,silver/white. Showpug, thanks for sharing the pics of the dear puppies, and I am hoping they all find a loving home.

bubbatd

BSan ... ( Hugs ) to you for posting !! Welcome here and please stay on !! We have so many caring people here for all causes . The Chaz site is really amazing !! Give Herbie a hug from me and a slobbery lick from Ollie . Will look forward to your future posts .

Last edited:

Doberluv

I believe it means a breeding between a poodle and a lab (first generation), as opposed to breeding Labradoodle to labradoodle .
Ah-ha...I see. Well, so it's a fixed breed in Australia now, or just about? But you know what will happen...down the road, somewhere in the future, the same ones will be bred. The very best will be bred over and over again. Pretty soon, there will be no escaping it. Relatives will be bred together. And then the mutations start popping up, the genetic diseases.

Now....if a little ways down the road one of these dogs is bred to a dog who cannot possibly be related, that will diversifiy the genes. If that is done every so often, the mutations will be less frequent.

So, standards have been made for all these many breeds for a reason....to create breeds with individual characteristics and of course, the standards have had to be adhered to in order to have the 400 or so breeds we have at our disposal. However, those standards and that uniformity is a catch 22. We want the various breeds, but we're going to start seeing a lot of destruction of the breeds on account of the genetic diseases we've created by this uniform, selective breeding, this repeated breeding to relatives generation after generation. The further we go in time, the less diversity we have. That's just pure mathematics. And that's trouble looming for purebred dogs.

I just wonder if by using more than one breed to make a mix breed (not a fixed purebred) ...taking a Poodle and a Labrador most of the time when making a Labradoodle wouldn't be (ironically) better for the dogs. They may not have quite the uniformity, but they'd come from a more diverse gene pool and would have a better chance at escaping the genetic drift phenomenon which causes the mutations which cause the many genetic diseases or anatomical problems our dogs have.

I do hope scientists come up with a solution for breeders because if something isn't done, I'm afraid for the future of the purebred dogs. And if there isn't a standard, then again......what happens to the individual purebred dog breeds? It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Does that make any sense? Clear as mud, huh. LOL.

showpug

Squirts mom, sorry that you had to read such an insensitive comment. (((((Hugs))))) to you. Bubba, Nash's face is priceless. I love the video. What a sweet boy, and what love for him just shines from his parents faces. Though the uncalled for remark earlier, I really appreciate seeing how the people on this thread just rallied around the ones rightly offended , and such nice, kind things shared, about Nash, about dr. and Sophie, and ruby and her pups. I am new to this site, and I must say I was a bit discouraged when I first arrived, with alot of insensitive comments, and rudely presented opinions. Thanks all, and Dober too, for showing another side to Chaz. I have a goldendoodle, now 11 mths old. We are absolutely taken by him (Herbie). He is an amazing puppy, and we adore him. The combo of the qualities of the golden retreiver, and the standard poodle, have brought together such a wonderful combination, that we love! He is the most affectionate, easy to train dog that we have ever had. Herbie's picture at 9 mths old is in my profile. if you want to see what he looks like. His father was a silver standard, so he was black and has been turning charcoal,silver/white. Showpug, thanks for sharing the pics of the dear puppies, and I am hoping they all find a loving home.
Um, your dog is adorable!

I just keep looking at the picture of the female pup called "Mystic Rose" and I want her. She's so precious.

Members online

No members online now.