Update on how Spanky is coming along

Paige

Let it be
It's raining fairly heavy today and I wasn't up for two dog walks so I thought I'd brave taking my terrors out together and hope for the best. On the way to the park it was less than perfect regarding Spanky. He is still easily distracted by other dogs but is doing better. He no longer tries to strangle himself. Bandit walked like a little champion as usual. I let them off their leashes once we got there and they were amazing (doesn't surprise me. They are both amazing off lead) and actually enjoyed each other. They played the entire 2.5 hours we were out. I was only going to go out for an hour but they were having so much fun. I didn't want to ruin their bonding time.

On the way home he was an angel. Spanky was so tired he was actually falling behind by the time we got to the driveway. All in all he is improving. I'm trying my best to stay positive with him and it's working. I have finally accepted the fact that I'm going to be insane if I live with him so I should at least be happy insane. He's been better since I changed my outlook on it.

So right now I have two very muddy, very wet, very happy border collies. I'm pleased.

Members online